- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations 3 Years Ago
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers 3 Years Ago
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally 3 Years Ago
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in June 2019 Today 7:30 AM
- Hulu and George Clooney strike gold with ‘Catch-22’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to cut the cord when you’re broke Today 6:30 AM
- Jazz pianist turns Cardi B flex video, James Charles apology into viral bops Today 6:28 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Linux Today 6:00 AM
- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
The new ‘Ghostbusters’ trailer has fans freaking out over Kate McKinnon
That wink went straight to the Internet’s tingly parts.
A lot was going on in this morning’s trailer for the new Ghostbusters, but we don’t remember what any of it was because Kate McKinnon strutted onscreen looking like the cutest butch lesbian ever, and, like the rest of the Internet, we lost our minds.
Mark it down: 3/3/16, the day the entire internet had a Kate McKinnon-induced sexual awakening.
— Allison Adler (@in_a_partydress) March 3, 2016
As the engineer Jillian Holtzmann, McKinnon strolls into our lives with giant safety goggles, combat boots, and her no-fucks-given roots showing. Even if you’ve somehow missed McKinnon’s habitual brilliance on Saturday Night Live, this is a face that’s impossible to ignore:
Screengrab via YouTube
And then there was the wink.
i don’t wanna do work i want to lie down on the floor and watch kate mckinnon wink at me all day
— kate kush (@supernasst) March 3, 2016
Kate McKinnon’s sly smile in this I’m still hikjsfhglkjsdfhgalsf
— Alanna Bennett (@AlannaBennett) March 3, 2016
There’s even already fanart, because of course there is:
As you’ll notice, a lot of the people losing their minds over Kate McKinnon’s powers of seduction aren’t dudes. If there’s a god of Hollywood, McKinnon will surely be a queer character. That wink is too precious to waste on only half the population.
And there’s another burgeoning campaign to which we are paying attention—Kate for young Han Solo:
Plus, you know the only thing that could make Star Wars better is a Han Solo who can really rock a blaster backpack.
Screengrab via Sony Pictures Entertainment/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.