- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is a bloodless remake of a Stephen King classic Sunday 10:50 AM
- Here’s the Marvel movie order list you didn’t know you needed Sunday 9:59 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on weed? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Billions’ season 4 for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- If you’re not using Vudu, you’re missing out Sunday 6:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp Sunday 5:30 AM
- ‘The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley’ tries to get a read on Elizabeth Holmes Saturday 1:57 PM
- ‘Band Together with Logic’ shows us the best of the Internet Saturday 1:32 PM
- How to watch Spence vs. Garcia online Saturday 12:00 PM
- Far-right Australian politician gets egged by teen on video Saturday 11:28 AM
- Inside the solar-powered van that’s recording your favorite bands Saturday 10:48 AM
The new ‘Ghostbusters’ trailer has fans freaking out over Kate McKinnon
That wink went straight to the Internet’s tingly parts.
A lot was going on in this morning’s trailer for the new Ghostbusters, but we don’t remember what any of it was because Kate McKinnon strutted onscreen looking like the cutest butch lesbian ever, and, like the rest of the Internet, we lost our minds.
Mark it down: 3/3/16, the day the entire internet had a Kate McKinnon-induced sexual awakening.
— Allison Adler (@in_a_partydress) March 3, 2016
As the engineer Jillian Holtzmann, McKinnon strolls into our lives with giant safety goggles, combat boots, and her no-fucks-given roots showing. Even if you’ve somehow missed McKinnon’s habitual brilliance on Saturday Night Live, this is a face that’s impossible to ignore:
Screengrab via YouTube
And then there was the wink.
i don’t wanna do work i want to lie down on the floor and watch kate mckinnon wink at me all day
— kate kush (@supernasst) March 3, 2016
Kate McKinnon’s sly smile in this I’m still hikjsfhglkjsdfhgalsf
— Alanna Bennett (@AlannaBennett) March 3, 2016
There’s even already fanart, because of course there is:
As you’ll notice, a lot of the people losing their minds over Kate McKinnon’s powers of seduction aren’t dudes. If there’s a god of Hollywood, McKinnon will surely be a queer character. That wink is too precious to waste on only half the population.
And there’s another burgeoning campaign to which we are paying attention—Kate for young Han Solo:
Plus, you know the only thing that could make Star Wars better is a Han Solo who can really rock a blaster backpack.
Screengrab via Sony Pictures Entertainment/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.