- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish 3 Years Ago
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp 3 Years Ago
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
The new ‘Ghostbusters’ trailer has fans freaking out over Kate McKinnon
That wink went straight to the Internet’s tingly parts.
A lot was going on in this morning’s trailer for the new Ghostbusters, but we don’t remember what any of it was because Kate McKinnon strutted onscreen looking like the cutest butch lesbian ever, and, like the rest of the Internet, we lost our minds.
Mark it down: 3/3/16, the day the entire internet had a Kate McKinnon-induced sexual awakening.
— Allison Adler (@in_a_partydress) March 3, 2016
As the engineer Jillian Holtzmann, McKinnon strolls into our lives with giant safety goggles, combat boots, and her no-fucks-given roots showing. Even if you’ve somehow missed McKinnon’s habitual brilliance on Saturday Night Live, this is a face that’s impossible to ignore:
Screengrab via YouTube
And then there was the wink.
i don’t wanna do work i want to lie down on the floor and watch kate mckinnon wink at me all day
— kate kush (@supernasst) March 3, 2016
Kate McKinnon’s sly smile in this I’m still hikjsfhglkjsdfhgalsf
— Alanna Bennett (@AlannaBennett) March 3, 2016
There’s even already fanart, because of course there is:
As you’ll notice, a lot of the people losing their minds over Kate McKinnon’s powers of seduction aren’t dudes. If there’s a god of Hollywood, McKinnon will surely be a queer character. That wink is too precious to waste on only half the population.
And there’s another burgeoning campaign to which we are paying attention—Kate for young Han Solo:
Plus, you know the only thing that could make Star Wars better is a Han Solo who can really rock a blaster backpack.
Screengrab via Sony Pictures Entertainment/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.