- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
X marks the spot.
Fortnite season 8 is upon us, and it’s every scallywag and bilge rat for themselves. While you can see pirate ships and earn nautical-themed skins, there’s plenty of treasure hunting to do during actual matches. The new treasure maps are now available. Here’s everything we know about how they work.
Where are the Fortnite treasure maps?
Treasure maps are treated like any other item in a game of Fortnite. You’ll find them randomly in chests scattered about the map, and they’ll take up one slot in your inventory, and you can only carry one at a time.
Once you’ve got your map, equip it like a regular item and right click, and you’ll see a series of red lines begin to appear that will lead you to an X that definitely marks the spot. Once you come to the X, take your pickaxe and dig out the treasure. Here’s how it looks in real-time:
— Fortnite News | LootLake.net (@LootLakeBR) March 6, 2019
Thankfully, only the player holding the map will be able to see the treasure, so you shouldn’t have to worry about people coming in to steal your booty.
- How to score Fortnite’s free Cuddle Hearts Wrap
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- Fortnite K-Pop skin: How to unlock the skin inspired by iKON’s Chan
What’s in Fortnite treasure chests?
Once you’ve uncovered the buried treasure, the map will disappear from your inventory and you’ll need to find another one to discover more loot.
The treasure chests themselves contain some nice items if you want a better chance of winning a match. So far, we’ve seen buried treasure include chug jugs, legendary weapons, construction materials, and ammo.
Happy hunting, fellow salty dogs. And if you find anything truly interesting, let us know!
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.