- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
X marks the spot.
Fortnite season 8 is upon us, and it’s every scallywag and bilge rat for themselves. While you can see pirate ships and earn nautical-themed skins, there’s plenty of treasure hunting to do during actual matches. The new treasure maps are now available. Here’s everything we know about how they work.
Where are the Fortnite treasure maps?
Treasure maps are treated like any other item in a game of Fortnite. You’ll find them randomly in chests scattered about the map, and they’ll take up one slot in your inventory, and you can only carry one at a time.
Once you’ve got your map, equip it like a regular item and right click, and you’ll see a series of red lines begin to appear that will lead you to an X that definitely marks the spot. Once you come to the X, take your pickaxe and dig out the treasure. Here’s how it looks in real-time:
— Fortnite News | LootLake.net (@LootLakeBR) March 6, 2019
Thankfully, only the player holding the map will be able to see the treasure, so you shouldn’t have to worry about people coming in to steal your booty.
- How to score Fortnite’s free Cuddle Hearts Wrap
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- Fortnite K-Pop skin: How to unlock the skin inspired by iKON’s Chan
What’s in Fortnite treasure chests?
Once you’ve uncovered the buried treasure, the map will disappear from your inventory and you’ll need to find another one to discover more loot.
The treasure chests themselves contain some nice items if you want a better chance of winning a match. So far, we’ve seen buried treasure include chug jugs, legendary weapons, construction materials, and ammo.
Happy hunting, fellow salty dogs. And if you find anything truly interesting, let us know!
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.