- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants 4 Months Ago
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted 4 Months Ago
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? 4 Months Ago
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site 4 Months Ago
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
X marks the spot.
Fortnite season 8 is upon us, and it’s every scallywag and bilge rat for themselves. While you can see pirate ships and earn nautical-themed skins, there’s plenty of treasure hunting to do during actual matches. The new treasure maps are now available. Here’s everything we know about how they work.
Where are the Fortnite treasure maps?
Treasure maps are treated like any other item in a game of Fortnite. You’ll find them randomly in chests scattered about the map, and they’ll take up one slot in your inventory, and you can only carry one at a time.
Once you’ve got your map, equip it like a regular item and right click, and you’ll see a series of red lines begin to appear that will lead you to an X that definitely marks the spot. Once you come to the X, take your pickaxe and dig out the treasure. Here’s how it looks in real-time:
— Fortnite News | LootLake.net (@LootLakeBR) March 6, 2019
Thankfully, only the player holding the map will be able to see the treasure, so you shouldn’t have to worry about people coming in to steal your booty.
- How to score Fortnite’s free Cuddle Hearts Wrap
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- Fortnite K-Pop skin: How to unlock the skin inspired by iKON’s Chan
What’s in Fortnite treasure chests?
Once you’ve uncovered the buried treasure, the map will disappear from your inventory and you’ll need to find another one to discover more loot.
The treasure chests themselves contain some nice items if you want a better chance of winning a match. So far, we’ve seen buried treasure include chug jugs, legendary weapons, construction materials, and ammo.
Happy hunting, fellow salty dogs. And if you find anything truly interesting, let us know!
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.