- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
The mysterious Prisoner is shackled no more—and he feels like going camping.
The Fortnite Prisoner skin is something else. Well, it’s mostly just a craggy looking dude with what looks like lava flowing through his veins, but it’s more about what he means for Fortnite season 8 that excites us. You can join in on the fun by acquiring all of the different permutations of the skin, which currently goes up three levels. Here’s how to get the Fortnite prisoner skins as efficiently as possible.
Fortnite Prisoner skin stage 1
First things first, you need to actually earn the Prisoner’s first-level skin. Like a lot of other top tier skins, he can’t simply be bought from the Fortnite store. You’ll have to complete the week 9 challenges first. If you’re new to Fortnite, weekly challenges are simply an alternative way to earn experience points and Battle Stars needed to unlock “progressive” skins. You’ll need to pay for this season’s Battle Pass in order to access them all. Here are the Fortnite week 9 challenges:
Free challenges (no battle pass needed)
- Use a sneaky snowman in different matches – 3
- Stage 1: Land in Retail Row – 1
- Eliminate opponents at Junk Junction or Retail Row – 3
Battle Pass challenges
- Pop 10 golden balloons
- Stage 1: Dance on a sundial
- Shotgun eliminations – 3
- Complete timed trials in an X-4 Stormwing plane – 1
Fortnite Prisoner skin stage 2
The second stage of the Fortnite Prisoner skin is a heck of a lot easier. You just need to know where to look. The idea here is that you’re unlocking his face mask/bike lock-looking thing. Poor guy. The key is in the Polar Peak castle, sitting in a desk north of the mountain. To interact with it, you’ll need to equip the Prisoner stage one skin first.
Fortnite Prisoner skin stage 3
You thought this would be as simple as finding one key, huh? Well, whoops, that one key has now turned into about 20 campfire locations. It’s unclear if you’ll have to hit them all up as the Fortnite Prisoner skin, but we’ll know come Thursday. Check out this helpful map created by Reddit user drewby_.
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available
- The 10 best gaming podcasts for every kind of gamer
Fortnite Prisoner skin stage 4
We’ll have to wait for Week 10 to unlock to see what stage 4 involves. Check back here and we’ll have the new info for you soon as we can.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.