- Report: 5,000 Twitter bots pushed ‘Russiagate hoax’ after Mueller report Today 11:15 AM
- Google Trends show how differently Notre Dame and Sri Lanka are being mourned Today 10:50 AM
- Harvard centrists get relentlessly clowned for asking Bernie about socialism Today 10:38 AM
- Flex your knowledge of dank memes with What Do You Meme? card game Today 10:33 AM
- Facebook’s new general counsel helped craft the ‘Patriot Act’ Today 10:26 AM
- Get a free month of live TV streaming while this Philo deal lasts Today 10:11 AM
- Netflix announces teen lesbian rom-com Today 10:00 AM
- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 9:24 AM
- 15 Cards Against Humanity expansions that everyone should own Today 9:23 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion Today 9:03 AM
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump Today 8:46 AM
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
It’s no surprise Fortnite memes are all the rage on the internet.
You might have heard of a little game called Fortnite. It’s been blowing up ever since its free Battle Royale mode launched last year. And with the release of Fortnite on mobile, its popularity is only skyrocketing. Any game that can rack up many millions of players is going to have a strong presence online, and when it comes to memes, Fortnite doesn’t disappoint.
The game drops 100 players onto a map and has them fight to the death as an ever-shrinking border forces them closer together. It’s like The Hunger Games, but with an added emphasis on building. As the stage dwindles and players close in, you can build walls to shield yourself from enemy attacks and erect stairs to get a better angle on the action. It’s intense, with endless opportunities for hilarious hijinx. Ever since its popularity skyrocketed, Fortnite has inspired meme upon meme, with no signs of stopping. Here are some of the best Fortnite memes we’ve seen so far.
The best Fortnite memes on the internet
1) The Drake Fortnite memes
The video game streaming service Twitch.tv had its biggest viewership ever when two pop-culture streams crossed in March. That’s when the Canadian rapper Drake joined up with the streaming Fortnite wunderkind Ninja for a stream. During the stream, Drake picked up some bush camouflage and spent much of his time hiding in it. That led to a hilarious subset of Drake/Fortnite meme action.
Watching Drake run around as a bush is the greatest thing that's happened so far in 2018 pic.twitter.com/43qe8fbhYd
— luisa (@luisagibsonxo) March 15, 2018
Ninja: Are you a bush Drake?
— TriHard (@Blaztingz) March 15, 2018
Would anyone like to watch me shake trees on animal crossing
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 15, 2018
2) Speaking of Drake
As Fortnite gained more fans, it became a popular search term on Pornhub. So long, Overwatch. Lusty fans have their eyes on the new game in town.
3) Ever lose track of time while playing?
This Fortnite meme knows the feeling.
4) Trouble with teammates
You never know what’s going to happen when you play Fortnite with a team. That goes double for when it’s a random team of people you’ve never played with before.
5) But sometimes teammates can surprise you
Having teammates doesn’t always lead straight to death.
6) Or maybe you’re the real villain
Hey, we can’t all be saints all the time, can we?
6) When you go up against insanely good players
Not everyone is as bad at Fortnite as, well, most of us. Some people eat, breathe, and live this game. If only we had that kind of time on our hands.
Or you can tell yourself lies to soften the blow.
When in doubt, blame the servers.
7) Everyone knows this is the real battle
You do have to choose sides. And each side is sure it’s right.
8) You can only choose one
If you had one wish, what would it be? If we’re being honest…
9) Maybe there’s an upside to never getting a #1 Victory Royale…