- ‘Aquaman 2’ is already in the works—and it’s going to huge 11 Months Ago
- The comics guide to ‘The Umbrella Academy’ 11 Months Ago
- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
It’s no surprise Fortnite memes are all the rage on the internet.
You might have heard of a little game called Fortnite. It’s been blowing up ever since its free Battle Royale mode launched last year. And with the release of Fortnite on mobile, its popularity is only skyrocketing. Any game that can rack up many millions of players is going to have a strong presence online, and when it comes to memes, Fortnite doesn’t disappoint.
The game drops 100 players onto a map and has them fight to the death as an ever-shrinking border forces them closer together. It’s like The Hunger Games, but with an added emphasis on building. As the stage dwindles and players close in, you can build walls to shield yourself from enemy attacks and erect stairs to get a better angle on the action. It’s intense, with endless opportunities for hilarious hijinx. Ever since its popularity skyrocketed, Fortnite has inspired meme upon meme, with no signs of stopping. Here are some of the best Fortnite memes we’ve seen so far.
The best Fortnite memes on the internet
1) The Drake Fortnite memes
The video game streaming service Twitch.tv had its biggest viewership ever when two pop-culture streams crossed in March. That’s when the Canadian rapper Drake joined up with the streaming Fortnite wunderkind Ninja for a stream. During the stream, Drake picked up some bush camouflage and spent much of his time hiding in it. That led to a hilarious subset of Drake/Fortnite meme action.
Watching Drake run around as a bush is the greatest thing that's happened so far in 2018 pic.twitter.com/43qe8fbhYd
— luisa (@luisagibsonxo) March 15, 2018
Ninja: Are you a bush Drake?
— TriHard (@Blaztingz) March 15, 2018
Would anyone like to watch me shake trees on animal crossing
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 15, 2018
2) Speaking of Drake
As Fortnite gained more fans, it became a popular search term on Pornhub. So long, Overwatch. Lusty fans have their eyes on the new game in town.
3) Ever lose track of time while playing?
This Fortnite meme knows the feeling.
4) Trouble with teammates
You never know what’s going to happen when you play Fortnite with a team. That goes double for when it’s a random team of people you’ve never played with before.
5) But sometimes teammates can surprise you
Having teammates doesn’t always lead straight to death.
6) Or maybe you’re the real villain
Hey, we can’t all be saints all the time, can we?
6) When you go up against insanely good players
Not everyone is as bad at Fortnite as, well, most of us. Some people eat, breathe, and live this game. If only we had that kind of time on our hands.
Or you can tell yourself lies to soften the blow.
When in doubt, blame the servers.
7) Everyone knows this is the real battle
You do have to choose sides. And each side is sure it’s right.
8) You can only choose one
If you had one wish, what would it be? If we’re being honest…
9) Maybe there’s an upside to never getting a #1 Victory Royale…