- Trump says he’s meeting with vaping industry as administration readies new rules 2 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about Google Reverse Image Search 2 Years Ago
- Hong Kong police caught on live stream shooting protester 2 Years Ago
- Twitter proposes adding warnings to tweets with deepfakes Today 10:43 AM
- Dak Prescott’s pregame warmup becomes an instant meme Today 10:40 AM
- lhan Omar baselessly accused of anti-Semitism for billionaires tweet Today 10:15 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard wants Hillary Clinton to retract her Russia accusations Today 9:24 AM
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed Today 9:13 AM
- PayPal and Venmo’s anti-terrorism regulations are causing headaches for average businesses Today 9:06 AM
- Consumers claim the Apple Card is sexist Today 8:44 AM
- Twitch bans Viperous for allegedly using racial slur during live stream Today 8:18 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ takes a stab at its own offseason meta-narrative Today 7:06 AM
- Virtual reality is a surprisingly great tool for therapeutic conversations Today 7:00 AM
- What it means to be pangender Today 6:00 AM
- Why Lady Trieu’s costume is so significant in ‘Watchmen’ episode 4 Sunday 9:45 PM
You might have heard of a little game called Fortnite. It’s been blowing up ever since its free Battle Royale mode launched last year. And with the release of Fortnite on mobile, its popularity is only skyrocketing. Any game that can rack up many millions of players is going to have a strong presence online, and when it comes to memes, Fortnite doesn’t disappoint.
The game drops 100 players onto a map and has them fight to the death as an ever-shrinking border forces them closer together. It’s like The Hunger Games, but with an added emphasis on building. As the stage dwindles and players close in, you can build walls to shield yourself from enemy attacks and erect stairs to get a better angle on the action. It’s intense, with endless opportunities for hilarious hijinx. Ever since its popularity skyrocketed, Fortnite has inspired meme upon meme, with no signs of stopping. Here are some of the best Fortnite memes we’ve seen so far.
The best Fortnite memes on the internet
1) The Drake Fortnite memes
The video game streaming service Twitch.tv had its biggest viewership ever when two pop-culture streams crossed in March. That’s when the Canadian rapper Drake joined up with the streaming Fortnite wunderkind Ninja for a stream. During the stream, Drake picked up some bush camouflage and spent much of his time hiding in it. That led to a hilarious subset of Drake/Fortnite meme action.
Watching Drake run around as a bush is the greatest thing that's happened so far in 2018 pic.twitter.com/43qe8fbhYd— luisa (@luisagibsonxo) March 15, 2018
Ninja: Are you a bush Drake?— TriHard (@Blaztingz) March 15, 2018
Would anyone like to watch me shake trees on animal crossing— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 15, 2018
2) Speaking of Drake
As Fortnite gained more fans, it became a popular search term on Pornhub. So long, Overwatch. Lusty fans have their eyes on the new game in town.
3) Ever lose track of time while playing?
This Fortnite meme knows the feeling.
4) Trouble with teammates
You never know what’s going to happen when you play Fortnite with a team. That goes double for when it’s a random team of people you’ve never played with before.
5) But sometimes teammates can surprise you
Having teammates doesn’t always lead straight to death.
6) Or maybe you’re the real villain
Hey, we can’t all be saints all the time, can we?
6) When you go up against insanely good players
Not everyone is as bad at Fortnite as, well, most of us. Some people eat, breathe, and live this game. If only we had that kind of time on our hands.
Or you can tell yourself lies to soften the blow.
When in doubt, blame the servers.
7) Everyone knows this is the real battle
You do have to choose sides. And each side is sure it’s right.
8) You can only choose one
If you had one wish, what would it be? If we’re being honest…
9) Maybe there’s an upside to never getting a #1 Victory Royale…