- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career 5 Years Ago
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
GTA 5 adds online Heists at long last
A walkthrough of the first big job added in the Heists update.
It’s time to make some real money in Grand Theft Auto Online. The long-awaited Heists update has finally gone live, as of Tuesday morning.
Heists are multi-stage robberies with big payouts, that require preparation and teamwork to pull off. You’ll need a high-end apartment that comes equipped with a planning room to organize a Heist, and you’ll also need enough cash to bankroll the operation. The flip side is, if you plan the Heist, you also get to decide who gets what percentage of the cut.
When we downloaded the update and checked in to the game this morning Lester’s warehouse—headquarters for the logistical mastermind behind all of Grand Theft Auto V’s biggest robberies in either story or online mode—and the first stop in the first Heist was already a complete mess of a firefight between players rushing in to try the new content.
You may want to load up into a private session just for you and your friends or Crew members, if you have enough people to run Heists without needing random players along, before you start up the new content.
Eurogamer has posted a video on YouTube that walks us through the very first Heist, a robbery of a branch of Fleeca Bank, that begins after visiting Lester at the warehouse.
Other improvements added to Grand Theft Auto Online with the Heists patch are a completely bulletproof car, daily objectives to complete, color prompts to keep your text messages organized, and the ability to duck down in your car (which will eliminate grief killings while minding your own business and driving by other players).
Illustration via Rockstar Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.