- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign 5 Years Ago
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
GTA 5 adds online Heists at long last
A walkthrough of the first big job added in the Heists update.
It’s time to make some real money in Grand Theft Auto Online. The long-awaited Heists update has finally gone live, as of Tuesday morning.
Heists are multi-stage robberies with big payouts, that require preparation and teamwork to pull off. You’ll need a high-end apartment that comes equipped with a planning room to organize a Heist, and you’ll also need enough cash to bankroll the operation. The flip side is, if you plan the Heist, you also get to decide who gets what percentage of the cut.
When we downloaded the update and checked in to the game this morning Lester’s warehouse—headquarters for the logistical mastermind behind all of Grand Theft Auto V’s biggest robberies in either story or online mode—and the first stop in the first Heist was already a complete mess of a firefight between players rushing in to try the new content.
You may want to load up into a private session just for you and your friends or Crew members, if you have enough people to run Heists without needing random players along, before you start up the new content.
Eurogamer has posted a video on YouTube that walks us through the very first Heist, a robbery of a branch of Fleeca Bank, that begins after visiting Lester at the warehouse.
Other improvements added to Grand Theft Auto Online with the Heists patch are a completely bulletproof car, daily objectives to complete, color prompts to keep your text messages organized, and the ability to duck down in your car (which will eliminate grief killings while minding your own business and driving by other players).
Illustration via Rockstar Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.