- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
GTA 5 adds online Heists at long last
A walkthrough of the first big job added in the Heists update.
It’s time to make some real money in Grand Theft Auto Online. The long-awaited Heists update has finally gone live, as of Tuesday morning.
Heists are multi-stage robberies with big payouts, that require preparation and teamwork to pull off. You’ll need a high-end apartment that comes equipped with a planning room to organize a Heist, and you’ll also need enough cash to bankroll the operation. The flip side is, if you plan the Heist, you also get to decide who gets what percentage of the cut.
When we downloaded the update and checked in to the game this morning Lester’s warehouse—headquarters for the logistical mastermind behind all of Grand Theft Auto V’s biggest robberies in either story or online mode—and the first stop in the first Heist was already a complete mess of a firefight between players rushing in to try the new content.
You may want to load up into a private session just for you and your friends or Crew members, if you have enough people to run Heists without needing random players along, before you start up the new content.
Eurogamer has posted a video on YouTube that walks us through the very first Heist, a robbery of a branch of Fleeca Bank, that begins after visiting Lester at the warehouse.
Other improvements added to Grand Theft Auto Online with the Heists patch are a completely bulletproof car, daily objectives to complete, color prompts to keep your text messages organized, and the ability to duck down in your car (which will eliminate grief killings while minding your own business and driving by other players).
Illustration via Rockstar Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.