- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices 2 Years Ago
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Today 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Today 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Today 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Today 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Today 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Today 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Today 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Today 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Today 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Today 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Today 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Today 11:18 AM
- Dodie Clark hid a secret song in her videos Today 11:08 AM
- YouTube TV is finally available in your city Today 11:03 AM
Will these would-be fidget spinning world record breakers stop falling asleep?
Sure, fidget spinners can spin for a damn long time, but just how long can they go?
On Friday night, YouTubers MrBeast and LispyJimmy sought to find the answer by livestreaming themselves spinning fidget spinners. The bet: to beat one another at spinning a fidget spinner the longest. The goal: to spin a fidget spinner, without dropping it or stopping, for a full 24 hours.
According to a previous nearly-12-hour video uploaded by MrBeast, he had previously broken the “world record” for longest fidget spinner spun at 24 hours, but was unable to upload the footage to YouTube because it was so long. So on May 13, he attempted the world record again by livestreaming his feat on YouTube. Only, this time, he didn’t make it, falling asleep about 12 hours and 20 minute in and tucking his spinner into his arm.
Then on May 20, LispyJimmy too succumbed to the mind-numbing nature of all-day fidget spinner spinning, accidentally dropping his fidget spinner nearly 18 hours in.
Apparently MrBeast couldn’t fight off the spinner exhaustion and tapped out again, this time around the 9 hour mark.
Next time I'll do it on a day where I can get my normal prep in and don't start after a long day xD
— MrsBeast (@MrBeastYT) May 27, 2017
But, his fail has left LispyJimmy to break the record himself. He’s almost 19 hours in. Watch his livestream below:
May he’ll at last fulfill his fidget spinning dreams (awake, of course).
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.