- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus 5 Years Ago
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Today 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Today 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Today 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Today 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Today 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Today 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Today 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Today 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Today 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Today 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Today 11:53 AM
- We have a lot of questions about this woman’s Hot Cheetos bath Today 10:54 AM
- Convincing deepfake drops Neo from ‘The Matrix’ straight into ‘Office Space’ Today 10:39 AM
- Kent State gun girl calls for armed insurrection after being booed off campus Today 10:27 AM
Internet races to help Colorado woman crowdfund her Dungeons & Dragons bar
Roll for drunkenness.
Talk about rolling a 20: A Dungeons & Dragons fan successfully crowdfunded a D&D-themed bar in just six hours, turning her idea of a geek hangout spot in her Colorado town from fantasy to reality.
“For too long,” the campaign page reads, “geeks have had to endure noisy sports bars and venues without readily accessible polyhedral dice just to have a drink with friends. Well, no more! Dungeons & Drafts is here to provide geeks from all walks of life with a welcoming place to call their own, kick back with a pint, and play a game with friends.”
The Dungeons and Drafts campaign, which remained open for 33 hours at press time, is aiming for its fourth stretch goal. Backers can receive anything from signed copies of the opening day menu to plaques at the bar to even their own private party.
It remains to be seen if any bards will be allowed in Dungeons and Drafts.
Photo via Anthony Petrushko/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.