- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
Internet races to help Colorado woman crowdfund her Dungeons & Dragons bar
Roll for drunkenness.
Talk about rolling a 20: A Dungeons & Dragons fan successfully crowdfunded a D&D-themed bar in just six hours, turning her idea of a geek hangout spot in her Colorado town from fantasy to reality.
“For too long,” the campaign page reads, “geeks have had to endure noisy sports bars and venues without readily accessible polyhedral dice just to have a drink with friends. Well, no more! Dungeons & Drafts is here to provide geeks from all walks of life with a welcoming place to call their own, kick back with a pint, and play a game with friends.”
The Dungeons and Drafts campaign, which remained open for 33 hours at press time, is aiming for its fourth stretch goal. Backers can receive anything from signed copies of the opening day menu to plaques at the bar to even their own private party.
It remains to be seen if any bards will be allowed in Dungeons and Drafts.
Photo via Anthony Petrushko/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.