- How to clear your search history on Instagram 4 Years Ago
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
Internet races to help Colorado woman crowdfund her Dungeons & Dragons bar
Roll for drunkenness.
Talk about rolling a 20: A Dungeons & Dragons fan successfully crowdfunded a D&D-themed bar in just six hours, turning her idea of a geek hangout spot in her Colorado town from fantasy to reality.
“For too long,” the campaign page reads, “geeks have had to endure noisy sports bars and venues without readily accessible polyhedral dice just to have a drink with friends. Well, no more! Dungeons & Drafts is here to provide geeks from all walks of life with a welcoming place to call their own, kick back with a pint, and play a game with friends.”
The Dungeons and Drafts campaign, which remained open for 33 hours at press time, is aiming for its fourth stretch goal. Backers can receive anything from signed copies of the opening day menu to plaques at the bar to even their own private party.
It remains to be seen if any bards will be allowed in Dungeons and Drafts.
Photo via Anthony Petrushko/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.