- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions 4 Years Ago
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Today 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Today 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Today 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Today 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Today 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Today 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Today 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Today 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Today 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Today 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Today 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Today 1:13 PM
- Nevada officials issue warnings for people prepping to ‘Storm Area 51’ Today 12:55 PM
- These are the 8 best fighting games available today Today 12:43 PM
8 fashionable ways to show your love for ‘Deadpool’
Can’t decide what to wear when you watch ‘Deadpool’? Here are a few ideas.
If you’re one of the many Marvel fans planning to go see Deadpool, you’re probably facing a rather difficult decision: What do you wear to the premiere? After all, Deadpool has his own eccentric sense of style, so it makes sense to spend some time considering your own outfit.
Of course, cosplay is always an option, but even if you’re not a very experienced cosplayer, you can still find everyday items to help you dress like the anti-hero. From accessories to apparel, custom to quirky, you can deck out every part of your body in something related to Deadpool if you want—and we all know the Merc with a Mouth would approve.
Here are eight ideas for what you should wear to the highly anticipated movie.
1) Deadpool Hoodie Jacket
If you want to really turn heads on the night of the premiere, try this Deadpool hoodie jacket in real or synthetic leather. Sure, it’s a little more upscale, but it’ll make you’ll feel like you just stole your own personal taco truck. And no one’s going to mess with you on movie night when you’re rocking the look of a ruthless mercenary (with a tortured emotional state).
If you want something more instant-cosplay, try this costume hoodie. It’s perfect for fans who are worried they don’t have enough time or skill to create a complete Deadpool cosplay before the premiere.
We think Deadpool would agree that paying attention to your bottom is as important as paying attention to your top, so wrap the Merc with a Mouth stylishly around your lower half with the help of some leggings. For those interested in cosplay, Poprageous offers leggings you might find useful, and anyone interested in alternate reality Lady Deadpool will want to take a look at the leggings sold by Etsy shop Tafi. Fans who want leggings that don’t necessarily resemble the costume can find lots of choices on Redbubble that feature fun art like Spideypool and a Totoro-pool!
Keep things simple and just throw on a shirt before heading to the movies. There are numerous shirts, sweaters, and tanks for men and women featuring character art, quotes, and more that are perfect for showing off your passion for Wade Wilson. Tops can be found at a bunch of different stores like Hot Topic, WeLoveFine, and Fifth Sun. As the movie draws closer, keep your eyes open for new tee releases and more ways you can take advantage of this easy, classic option.
4) Envelope Wallet
Your katanas might not fit in this bag, but your movie tickets definitely will! This envelope wallet comes in the mercenary’s signature red and black colors with his logo front and center. It will make you look elegant and deadly as you head out for a night at the theater.
5) Custom Shoes
Feel like you’re walking in Deadpool’s footsteps with some impressive custom-made shoes. There are a number of shops on Etsy that help you give your feet a Marvel-ous transformation. Try one of the flats created by ArtsScribbles and ManaArtCrafts, painted Converse high tops from WhimsyByKelly, or some high heels from MadEnvy and Becci Boo’s Custom Shoes.
6) Cosplay Kimono Dress
Take your cosplay in a unique direction with the help of this beautiful cosplay kimono dress by Darling Amy. The three-part outfit consists of a short traditional kimono-style jacket with long sleeves, double-circle skirt, and obi that can all be worn together for the complete look or worn separately to add a touch of the merc to an outfit you put together yourself. It’s a stunning design that will surely leave the other moviegoers in awe.
7) Stud Earrings
For a subtle touch of the anti-hero, you can’t go wrong with these stud earrings. They may be small, but the symbol will be easily identified by fellow fans and will add the perfect dash of Deadpool to whatever you’re wearing.
This skirt from Pandora’s Productions offers another stylish and creative way to show your dedication to Deadpool. It can feature the iconic colors and logo of the character, or you can choose a different color for the main fabric to customize it for a unique look.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.