- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
Harry Potter takes to Reddit to answer all your nerdy questions
The social media-averse Daniel Radcliffe gets candid and geeky during Reddit AMA.
Radcliffe, who mostly avoids social media save for a Google+ page, was there to promote Horns, and his fans did not disappoint. They were ready with Harry Potter, Broadway, and Horns questions—but they also learned about everything from what his Halloween costume will be to the time Michael Gambon taught him how to shoot a man in a duel (while holding coffee).
Showing the sort of enthusiasm he’s become known for in the press, Radcliffe graciously answered many of the questions he’s been asked multiple times over the years. But there were plenty of gems. He’s become a Tumblr feminist darling after speaking out against the “friendzone,” and in a recent interview, Radcliffe spoke about the male population’s ease toward “sexualizing Emma Watson” after remarking that he was an “unconventional romantic lead.”
But he’s also become a meme, a fact that he’s fully aware of.
“It made me enjoy my name way more than I ever have before,” he said of Daniel Boringcliffe, thanking the person who made it. “So obviously Daniel Radcliffe beats Daniel Boringcliffe 100 percent of the time.”
If you didn’t already have it figured out, he’s a geek just like the rest of us. He read Daredevil as a kid, and the recently converted Star Wars fan is so enamored by the series that he may possibly dress up as one of the characters for Halloween.
Screengrab via reddit_AMA/Reddit
He also dug through many of the Harry Potter questions, and while he touched on Rupert Grint’s ice cream truck and what happened to all of the Hedwigs, one fan managed to ask him something that, after all the years playing the boy wizard, he’s never been asked: Harry would’ve never had to worry about it, but what about Radcliffe’s Horcrux?
“I was gonna say my iPod, prolly put it in that, but I would put it inside an album on the iPod, so you’d have to open that album,” he responded. “So I somehow want it to be connected to a particular album that means something, like Ziggy Stardust. So that’s how I’d want to do that.”
It’d be a lot harder to find than most of Voldemort’s Horcruxes, that’s for sure.
And he’d totally be onboard for a movie involving him and his apparent doppelganger Elijah Wood in an ultimate case of mistaken identity that often happens in real life.
Screengrab via reddit_AMA/Reddit
We’d watch it.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.