- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing 10 Months Ago
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. use Disney memes to describe their friendship
The real-life friendship between Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans is much more stable than the one between their Marvel counterparts, and they’ve even reached a new level of public fondness for one another: Disney comparisons.
Granted, their characters—Iron Man and Captain America—are technically Disney characters in their own right. (Disney owns Marvels Studios.) But on Twitter, Downey Jr. went with a much different dynamic to describe the two as he brought in a screenshot from Bambi and compared it to a fan-created image placing the two actors in matching outfits.
All the way down to the eye color. pic.twitter.com/bUdp70z7bq— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) September 23, 2018
It was an inspiring choice, as evident by Evans’ lack of any arguments against the pairing.
What can I say? The man knows me. https://t.co/NLJ7e7B0F8— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 23, 2018
Evans, however, had one of his own, and he went for something a little more contemporary to capture the camaraderie. If the character placement is any indication—not to mention the wardrobe choice, mostly on Evans’ part—Evans is Woody and Downey Jr. is Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movies.
One good Disney reference deserves another... pic.twitter.com/kb6KNDPe9t— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) September 23, 2018
Both Evans and Downey Jr. have been in Atlanta within the past couple weeks for Avengers 4 reshoots (although it’s unclear if they were there at the same time), so it’s technically possible it could be a galaxy-brain level reference to something we’ve yet to see or an on-set conversation. Or maybe they just wanted to bring out the Disney characters for a bit of fun. Honestly, we’ve seen weirder things on the internet, so something as normal as an animated Disney conversation is kind of refreshing.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.