- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Capcom has announced plans for Mega Man 11—the first new game in the cult classic franchise since 2010—just in time for the game’s 30th anniversary on Dec. 17. The game is expected to become available sometime in late 2018 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
— Mega Man (@MegaMan) December 4, 2017
In the game’s trailer, Mega Man is seen leaving yesteryear by time travel to 2018, where he immediately gets a graphics upgrade. Visually, the game looks unlike the other Mega Man predecessors like Mega Man 9 and 10. The new art will trade in the retro 8-bit animations used in previous titles for hand-drawn 2.5D ones, and it looks absolutely captivating.
Capcom has been hinting at this new project for a few months now and even hid the art for Mega Man 11 in the concept art gallery for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, released this summer.
In other Mega Man fan news, Capcom also announced Mega Man Legacy Collections 1 and 2 will be coming to popular consoles in the near future, along with Mega Man X collection.
Check out the Mega Mann 11 trailer below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.