- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace 5 Years Ago
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding 5 Years Ago
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis Today 8:17 AM
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
Turns out bicycles are horrifying and deadly—in GTA V
A 10-speed can kill you just as quick as a sports car.
There are so many ways to die that involve bicycles in GTA V, and we thought we’d seen them all. Not so much, it turns out.
Most of the best Grand Theft Auto videos are coming out of GTA Online, which is a sandbox for virtual manmade disasters whose scale is limited only by the depravity of the players. This video in which bank robber Michael De Santa challenges his son Jimmy to a bike race, however coughs up a nice bit of crazy from GTA V’s story mode.
You need a twisted sense of humor to enjoy some of GTA’s finer moments. Rockstar Games enjoys prodding that dark mirth with crazy in-game events for GTA Online, like dropping a foot of snow on a fictional version of California.
San Andreas is going to have a white Christmas in the GTA Online Festive Surprise, which will include death by snowball. There will definitely be some videos of snowball fights littered with mortal woundings for us to enjoy.
Screengrab via RexFinish/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.