- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
Spanish voice actor for Rocket Raccoon accidentally reveals major ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler
Say it ain’t so, Rocket.
This post contains apparent spoilers.
Avengers: Endgame, which clocks in at three hours, arrives in theaters next month with lots of secrets. Half the fun is the guessing game of who lives, dies, and defeats Thanos. But Sergio Zurita, who voices Rocket Raccoon in the film’s Spanish dub, just dropped a major spoiler that we all knew deep down. (Please stop reading if you would prefer to avoid the spoiler.)
As BGR reports via Spanish-language blog Unocero, Zurita spoke with MVS Noticias’ Dispara Margot, Dispara radio show on Monday and got candid. He said the film is hilarious and moving but that it’s also heartbreaking because a major character dies.
“I can tell you that the movie takes you from laughter to tears. A key character dies. … I can not say more… it’s too much. I do not know if I already said too much,” Zurita reportedly said.
Zurita also said that Thor creates some “irreversible” consequences during Endgame. As Unocero notes, voice actors who do international translations don’t usually get the entire script and are limited to their parts. Thor and Rocket Raccoon have had several interactions during their on-screen Marvels runs—could he be implying that Thor doesn’t make it out of Endgame and perhaps sacrifices himself to reverse time and save the other Avengers?
Most fans take it for granted that team captains Iron Man and/or Captain America will die in the movie. Both are played by actors—Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans, respectively—who are at the end of their Marvel tenures. As the Dot wrote in a roundup of fan theories: “Robert Downey Jr. hasn’t publicly signed onto any future Marvel movies. Surprises are possible, but Downey is the man who kickstarted this universe. It only makes sense that the actor and character needed an exit plan.”
Then again, maybe Ant-Man will crawl inside Thanos’ butt and expand—rescuing the team and saving everyone—as fans have speculated via memes.
In the meantime, Zurita seems to be taking his spoiler-dropping in stride and is enjoying some quality time with his dog.
¿Quién es la perrita más bonita? ❤️ pic.twitter.com/t1qFV0IFsH
— Sergio Zurita (@szurita) March 26, 2019
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.