- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Spanish voice actor for Rocket Raccoon accidentally reveals major ‘Avengers: Endgame’ spoiler
Say it ain’t so, Rocket.
This post contains apparent spoilers.
Avengers: Endgame, which clocks in at three hours, arrives in theaters next month with lots of secrets. Half the fun is the guessing game of who lives, dies, and defeats Thanos. But Sergio Zurita, who voices Rocket Raccoon in the film’s Spanish dub, just dropped a major spoiler that we all knew deep down. (Please stop reading if you would prefer to avoid the spoiler.)
As BGR reports via Spanish-language blog Unocero, Zurita spoke with MVS Noticias’ Dispara Margot, Dispara radio show on Monday and got candid. He said the film is hilarious and moving but that it’s also heartbreaking because a major character dies.
“I can tell you that the movie takes you from laughter to tears. A key character dies. … I can not say more… it’s too much. I do not know if I already said too much,” Zurita reportedly said.
Zurita also said that Thor creates some “irreversible” consequences during Endgame. As Unocero notes, voice actors who do international translations don’t usually get the entire script and are limited to their parts. Thor and Rocket Raccoon have had several interactions during their on-screen Marvels runs—could he be implying that Thor doesn’t make it out of Endgame and perhaps sacrifices himself to reverse time and save the other Avengers?
Most fans take it for granted that team captains Iron Man and/or Captain America will die in the movie. Both are played by actors—Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans, respectively—who are at the end of their Marvel tenures. As the Dot wrote in a roundup of fan theories: “Robert Downey Jr. hasn’t publicly signed onto any future Marvel movies. Surprises are possible, but Downey is the man who kickstarted this universe. It only makes sense that the actor and character needed an exit plan.”
Then again, maybe Ant-Man will crawl inside Thanos’ butt and expand—rescuing the team and saving everyone—as fans have speculated via memes.
In the meantime, Zurita seems to be taking his spoiler-dropping in stride and is enjoying some quality time with his dog.
¿Quién es la perrita más bonita? ❤️ pic.twitter.com/t1qFV0IFsH— Sergio Zurita (@szurita) March 26, 2019
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.