- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
The climactic battle to see how the heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (well, half of them) take down Thanos will reportedly clock in at three hours and two minutes long.
If true, Avengers: Endgame would topple Avengers: Infinity War as the longest Marvel movie by over 30 minutes. AMC Theaters posted and quickly removed the supposed runtime for Avengers: Endgame on the official landing page for the film.
This runtime correlates with what the directors have stated prior to the release of the first official trailer and even before the film had its full title revealed. “The running time on Avengers 4 is currently sitting right at three hours. We’ll see if that holds,” said co-director Joe Russo in November. In February, with a near final-cut, sibling directors Joe and Anthony Russo stated that the film was “at the three-hour mark.”
While this runtime is not yet fully confirmed by Marvel Studios, ticketing services such as Fandango have started advertising the supposed runtime in anticipation of ticket preorders.
Avengers: Endgame will be the culmination of 22 films considered canonical (definitely not including Howard the Duck) within the Marvel Cinematic Universe and releases in Australia on April 24, the U.K. on April 25 and the U.S. on April 26.
Ignacio Martinez is a reporter specializing in online gaming and political communities. His work has previously appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM. He is based in Austin, Texas, and you can follow him on Twitter at @NacioMartinez.