- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
The climactic battle to see how the heroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (well, half of them) take down Thanos will reportedly clock in at three hours and two minutes long.
If true, Avengers: Endgame would topple Avengers: Infinity War as the longest Marvel movie by over 30 minutes. AMC Theaters posted and quickly removed the supposed runtime for Avengers: Endgame on the official landing page for the film.
This runtime correlates with what the directors have stated prior to the release of the first official trailer and even before the film had its full title revealed. “The running time on Avengers 4 is currently sitting right at three hours. We’ll see if that holds,” said co-director Joe Russo in November. In February, with a near final-cut, sibling directors Joe and Anthony Russo stated that the film was “at the three-hour mark.”
While this runtime is not yet fully confirmed by Marvel Studios, ticketing services such as Fandango have started advertising the supposed runtime in anticipation of ticket preorders.
— Fandango (@Fandango) March 25, 2019
Avengers: Endgame will be the culmination of 22 films considered canonical (definitely not including Howard the Duck) within the Marvel Cinematic Universe and releases in Australia on April 24, the U.K. on April 25 and the U.S. on April 26.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.