- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats 3 Weeks Ago
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans Today 6:53 AM
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Wednesday 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Wednesday 1:16 PM
We’re exactly one month out from Avengers: Endgame, and there’s still plenty of time to re-familiarize ourselves with the Marvel Cinematic Universe before we watch the finale. But if you’re going to rewatch the entire MCU, why not get paid for it?
A new contest from CableTV.com is offering one fan $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 MCU films, live-tweet their experience, and help the website create rankings of the films. Clocking in at around 42 hours and 43 minutes (or one day, 18 hours, and 43 minutes), the contest payout would break down to about $23.81 per hour.
That’s three Avengers films, three Iron Man films, three Captain America films, three Thor films, two Guardians of the Galaxy films, two Ant-Man films, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and The Incredible Hulk. And you’ll have three days to complete the marathon, so you’ll actually be able to take bathroom breaks and sleep at some point.
Along with the payout, the winner will receive copies of all 20 MCU films on Blu-ray (three boxed sets and copies of Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, and Ant-Man and the Wasp) and a survival kit, which includes plenty of Marvel gear, popcorn, a popcorn maker, a mug, a snuggie, and a $100 gift card to Grubhub.
The site is looking for a Marvel fan who’s also “an active, outgoing social media personality who’d be enthusiastic about live-tweeting their MCU marathon experience.” Interested participants will need to be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen, and will need to submit a 200-word essay on why they’re the right candidate to pull off this marathon. (Video submissions are optional.) You have until April 15 to submit your entry.
CableTV.com’s Marvel marathon does not include Captain Marvel (which is still in theaters with n), so if you want to complete the set, you’ll need to make two more trips to the movie theater. And with Avengers: Endgame reportedly clocking in at just over three hours, you’ll have another five hours to go before you make your way through the entire MCU.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.