- Instagram has mixed feelings about Mindy Kaling supporting Aziz Ansari Saturday 5:02 PM
- Donald Trump keeps pushing his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims Saturday 4:09 PM
- Report: YouTube will no longer run ads on anti-vax channels Saturday 2:54 PM
- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Saturday 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Saturday 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Saturday 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Saturday 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
Here’s when you should get your fix, coffee addicts.
For many people, it’s just not possible to start the day without a cup—or more—of coffee. Depending on when you drink it however, you might not be getting the most from your daily cup of joe.
A new video from YouTube channel AsapSCIENCE looks at the prime time for you to drink your coffee. It explains that you want to avoid drinking it when your cortisol levels are high because the caffeine won’t be as effective and it “builds up a greater tolerance to the drug in the long run.” AsapSCIENCE says the times to avoid are between 8am and 9am, 12pm and 1pm, and 5:30pm and 6:30pm. Your cortisol level also increases right when you wake up at any time, so you’ll want to wait about an hour either way before grabbing a coffee. While it might be hard to resist getting your coffee first thing, waiting will apparently be worth it in the end.
You can learn more about the best time to drink coffee through the further reading links available in this video’s description and learn more about coffee’s impact on you in another of AsapSCIENCE’s videos, “Your Brain on Coffee.”
Screengrab via AsapSCIENCE/YouTube
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.