- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
The Avengers try to lift Thor’s hammer in this ‘Age of Ultron’ clip
Marvel gave us even more surprises after the first Age of Ultron trailer leaked.
Marvel’s plans to reveal the first Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer during this week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. went astray after the trailer leaked, but the company still had plenty to offer during the Tuesday night episode.
The trailer that leaked was still the bulk of the clip that played after the episode ended, but Marvel added a new scene at the beginning, one that likely occurs early on in the movie. After a (presumably) long day, the Avengers—plus a few other familiar faces—are having what can only be described as a pissing contest trying to pick up Thor’s hammer Mjölnir. The contest ends as you would expect—only Thor is worthy of lifting his hammer—before things go south and strings are cut.
It’s hard to say whose attempt is the best, but Thor’s face when someone manages to make his hammer budge is priceless.
During the S.H.I.E.L.D. episode, Marvel also released a first look at Agent Carter, the miniseries starring Captain America’s Hayley Atwell. We don’t get to see much aside from a few action shots, filler footage, and an unnecessary and terrible tagline.
— Agent Carter (@AgentCarterTV) October 29, 2014
For a more satisfying look at Agent Carter, watch the promo muted and then go read some of Atwell’s tweets from behind the scenes.
Another night shoot. New stuntman. Will endeavor to be professional and not actually hurt him. Eeeeeeeeek
— Hayley Atwell (@HayleyAtwell) October 17, 2014
It happened again. There we were, all prepped and professional. And then BAM I whack him in the face. Distance, Hayley. DISTANCE
— Hayley Atwell (@HayleyAtwell) October 22, 2014
Screengrab via Marvel Entertainment/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.