- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
Trump calls Oprah ‘insecure’ and challenges her to run for president in 2020.
Trump spent Sunday evening watching Winfrey on 60 Minutes and hate-tweeting about the 64-year-old talk show host. Winfrey appeared on the TV show to follow-up on a segment she did last fall, where she talked politics with a group of Michigan voters.
In his tweet, Trump practically dares Winfrey to run against him.
“Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes,” Trump tweeted. “The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect. Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!”
Just watched a very insecure Oprah Winfrey, who at one point I knew very well, interview a panel of people on 60 Minutes. The questions were biased and slanted, the facts incorrect. Hope Oprah runs so she can be exposed and defeated just like all of the others!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 19, 2018
Many people on Twitter found the president’s tweet inappropriate in the wake of the shooting in Parkland, Florida.
How cute. You have a tweet-storm over the weekend…mostly all about you, the FBI & Russia, and barely a word about the Florida shooting victims….AND Oprah is the one with insecurities. Are there any mirrors at Mar-A-Lago?
— Uncle Mark (@mroller17u) February 19, 2018
Parents in Florida are burying their children after the school shooting but Trump is more focused on slamming a black woman for daring to criticize him than with fighting for policies that will save the lives of our children from gun violence
— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) February 19, 2018
You’d rather criticize Oprah and talk about yourself. Did you forget 17 people died from an automatic weapon. I don’t think you honestly care! So you went to FL… empty words. I really don’t think you care.
— Teresa Squillace (@teesquil) February 19, 2018
In the interview, Oprah addressed the numerous allegations of sexual harassment that have been made against Trump, asking panelists if they believed the president was held to a “different standard.”
After Winfrey made an unforgettable speech at the Golden Globes, in which she highlighted the importance the Times Up initiative, many fans speculated that Winfrey should run for president.
But Winfrey doesn’t have any plans to run yet, according to her interview with InStyle.
“I’ve always felt very secure and confident with myself in knowing what I could do and what I could not,” she said. “And so it’s not something that interests me. I don’t have the DNA for it.”
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.