- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Today 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Today 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Today 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Today 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Today 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Today 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Today 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Today 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Today 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Today 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Today 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Today 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Black Panther’ nabs 7 Oscar nominations, including best picture Today 10:49 AM
- Somehow Kamala Harris will have to run for president without Bill O’Reilly’s endorsement Today 10:15 AM
It really looks like Pikachu broke into a GOP office to protest ICE
Paul Perreijn/Flickr (CC-BY)
The outline of the broken glass is unmistakably like the silhouette of Pikachu.
It looks like even Pikachu isn’t cool with ICE and the idea of separating undocumented children from their families.
The silhouette of the favorite Pokemon was created when someone threw bricks at a GOP office in Lincoln, Nebraska on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. Along with the window shattering, someone spray-painted “ABOLISH ICE” on the sidewalk outside the building.
While its clear the electric-type Pokemon didn’t become real and start vandalizing Republican offices, that didn’t stop Twitter users from pointing out that the outline of the broken glass was unmistakably similar to Pikachu.
Holy shit pic.twitter.com/Mh900uIV03
— A Literal Homosexual (@kyry5) July 4, 2018
giant pikachu goes on leftist rampage in nebraska pic.twitter.com/V7lJ65Dxac
— emotional interlude (@guldeuxchats) July 3, 2018
Pikachu has escaped from his holding cell at the Nebraska Republican Party headquarters. https://t.co/QS0msI1q32
— Justin Richer (@justin__richer) July 4, 2018
Looks like Pikachu burst out of the Nebraska Republican Party office like the Kool-Aid Man, but okay https://t.co/HDjIn7wQ8i
— Red Durkin (@RedIsDead) July 4, 2018
pikachu was being held in the office of nebraska republicans? those bastards! https://t.co/cl8vuZJvkm
— Eat babies, do crimes (@MxSpoon) July 4, 2018
I sure hope they find the antifa Pikachu who ran through the Nebraska GOP office window
— Ian Boudreau (@iboudreau) July 4, 2018
— Michael (@MichaelCK) July 3, 2018
Anyway, found the culprit pic.twitter.com/qE0Nhrw2nR
— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 4, 2018
According to AP, the person who vandalized the Nebraska GOP office caused $1,200 worth of damage.
While it might be surprising that the glass is shaped like Pikachu, the executive director of the Republican office didn’t seem shocked that the damage had been done.
Kenny Zoeller, the office’s executive director, said the office has received threats in the past, particularly after President Donald Trump was elected.
“I really wish I could tell you I’m surprised by this, but I’m not,” he told AP.
You can read all of AP’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).