- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
It really looks like Pikachu broke into a GOP office to protest ICE
Paul Perreijn/Flickr (CC-BY)
The outline of the broken glass is unmistakably like the silhouette of Pikachu.
It looks like even Pikachu isn’t cool with ICE and the idea of separating undocumented children from their families.
The silhouette of the favorite Pokemon was created when someone threw bricks at a GOP office in Lincoln, Nebraska on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. Along with the window shattering, someone spray-painted “ABOLISH ICE” on the sidewalk outside the building.
While its clear the electric-type Pokemon didn’t become real and start vandalizing Republican offices, that didn’t stop Twitter users from pointing out that the outline of the broken glass was unmistakably similar to Pikachu.
Holy shit pic.twitter.com/Mh900uIV03— A Literal Homosexual (@kyry5) July 4, 2018
giant pikachu goes on leftist rampage in nebraska pic.twitter.com/V7lJ65Dxac— emotional interlude (@guldeuxchats) July 3, 2018
Pikachu has escaped from his holding cell at the Nebraska Republican Party headquarters. https://t.co/QS0msI1q32— Justin Richer (@justin__richer) July 4, 2018
Looks like Pikachu burst out of the Nebraska Republican Party office like the Kool-Aid Man, but okay https://t.co/HDjIn7wQ8i— Red Durkin (@RedIsDead) July 4, 2018
pikachu was being held in the office of nebraska republicans? those bastards! https://t.co/cl8vuZJvkm— Eat babies, do crimes (@MxSpoon) July 4, 2018
I sure hope they find the antifa Pikachu who ran through the Nebraska GOP office window— Ian Boudreau (@iboudreau) July 4, 2018
Anyway, found the culprit pic.twitter.com/qE0Nhrw2nR— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 4, 2018
According to AP, the person who vandalized the Nebraska GOP office caused $1,200 worth of damage.
While it might be surprising that the glass is shaped like Pikachu, the executive director of the Republican office didn’t seem shocked that the damage had been done.
Kenny Zoeller, the office’s executive director, said the office has received threats in the past, particularly after President Donald Trump was elected.
“I really wish I could tell you I’m surprised by this, but I’m not,” he told AP.
You can read all of AP’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).