- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 1 Year Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 1 Year Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 1 Year Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
It looks like even Pikachu isn’t cool with ICE and the idea of separating undocumented children from their families.
The silhouette of the favorite Pokemon was created when someone threw bricks at a GOP office in Lincoln, Nebraska on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. Along with the window shattering, someone spray-painted “ABOLISH ICE” on the sidewalk outside the building.
While its clear the electric-type Pokemon didn’t become real and start vandalizing Republican offices, that didn’t stop Twitter users from pointing out that the outline of the broken glass was unmistakably similar to Pikachu.
Holy shit pic.twitter.com/Mh900uIV03— A Literal Homosexual (@kyry5) July 4, 2018
giant pikachu goes on leftist rampage in nebraska pic.twitter.com/V7lJ65Dxac— emotional interlude (@guldeuxchats) July 3, 2018
Pikachu has escaped from his holding cell at the Nebraska Republican Party headquarters. https://t.co/QS0msI1q32— Justin Richer (@justin__richer) July 4, 2018
Looks like Pikachu burst out of the Nebraska Republican Party office like the Kool-Aid Man, but okay https://t.co/HDjIn7wQ8i— Red Durkin (@RedIsDead) July 4, 2018
pikachu was being held in the office of nebraska republicans? those bastards! https://t.co/cl8vuZJvkm— Eat babies, do crimes (@MxSpoon) July 4, 2018
I sure hope they find the antifa Pikachu who ran through the Nebraska GOP office window— Ian Boudreau (@iboudreau) July 4, 2018
Anyway, found the culprit pic.twitter.com/qE0Nhrw2nR— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 4, 2018
According to AP, the person who vandalized the Nebraska GOP office caused $1,200 worth of damage.
While it might be surprising that the glass is shaped like Pikachu, the executive director of the Republican office didn’t seem shocked that the damage had been done.
Kenny Zoeller, the office’s executive director, said the office has received threats in the past, particularly after President Donald Trump was elected.
“I really wish I could tell you I’m surprised by this, but I’m not,” he told AP.
You can read all of AP’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).