- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy 1 Year Ago
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps 1 Year Ago
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
It looks like even Pikachu isn’t cool with ICE and the idea of separating undocumented children from their families.
The silhouette of the favorite Pokemon was created when someone threw bricks at a GOP office in Lincoln, Nebraska on Tuesday, the Associated Press reports. Along with the window shattering, someone spray-painted “ABOLISH ICE” on the sidewalk outside the building.
While its clear the electric-type Pokemon didn’t become real and start vandalizing Republican offices, that didn’t stop Twitter users from pointing out that the outline of the broken glass was unmistakably similar to Pikachu.
Holy shit pic.twitter.com/Mh900uIV03— A Literal Homosexual (@kyry5) July 4, 2018
giant pikachu goes on leftist rampage in nebraska pic.twitter.com/V7lJ65Dxac— emotional interlude (@guldeuxchats) July 3, 2018
Pikachu has escaped from his holding cell at the Nebraska Republican Party headquarters. https://t.co/QS0msI1q32— Justin Richer (@justin__richer) July 4, 2018
Looks like Pikachu burst out of the Nebraska Republican Party office like the Kool-Aid Man, but okay https://t.co/HDjIn7wQ8i— Red Durkin (@RedIsDead) July 4, 2018
pikachu was being held in the office of nebraska republicans? those bastards! https://t.co/cl8vuZJvkm— Eat babies, do crimes (@MxSpoon) July 4, 2018
I sure hope they find the antifa Pikachu who ran through the Nebraska GOP office window— Ian Boudreau (@iboudreau) July 4, 2018
Anyway, found the culprit pic.twitter.com/qE0Nhrw2nR— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) July 4, 2018
According to AP, the person who vandalized the Nebraska GOP office caused $1,200 worth of damage.
While it might be surprising that the glass is shaped like Pikachu, the executive director of the Republican office didn’t seem shocked that the damage had been done.
Kenny Zoeller, the office’s executive director, said the office has received threats in the past, particularly after President Donald Trump was elected.
“I really wish I could tell you I’m surprised by this, but I’m not,” he told AP.
You can read all of AP’s report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).