- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out 8 Months Ago
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Today 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
Attorney General William Barr explained ahead of making the report public that there would be certain criteria used to justify redactions, including “harm to ongoing matter,” information that is part of ongoing legal matters.
However, as millions of people flocked to read the Mueller Report, they couldn’t help but crack jokes about the sheer number of times “harm to ongoing matter” showed up in the more than 400-page document.
Kazimir Malevich's "Harm to Ongoing Matter," 2019 pic.twitter.com/yOxeDKmNCj— uɐɯlǝıɥ⊥ ɯɐS (@samthielman) April 18, 2019
please nobody show radiohead this pic.twitter.com/G9VQR0Nkbs— pxt (@paulxt) April 18, 2019
All haters will now be referred to as a harm to an ongoing matter pic.twitter.com/e0S9XTVJvk— Alexis Benveniste (@apbenven) April 18, 2019
Some people repurposed other well known or recent memes:
Harm to Ongoing Matter pic.twitter.com/ZTyaapI81a— ElElegante101 (@skolanach) April 18, 2019
Meanwhile, others thought of ways to use “harm to ongoing matter” in everyday life.
Me: Hey, not gonna make it into work today.— Cancel Next Season (@ShittyPickles) April 18, 2019
Boss: Okay, why is that?
Me: HARM TO ONGOING MATTER
Redactions for reason of "Harm to ongoing matter” is basically me talking to my parents about my dating life— Leigh Munsil (@leighmunsil) April 18, 2019
Turning in my next assignment like "sorry this is a harm to ongoing matter - me and my sanity." pic.twitter.com/KQqFO3b66c— Lori Glaspie (@PlanetaryPiggy) April 18, 2019
GF: have you been drinking— Jon Christian (@Jon_Christian) April 18, 2019
Me: redacted due to harm to an ongoing matter
Now I want a mixed drink called "Harm to Ongoing Matter" pic.twitter.com/bZ2MAJQHog— Hot Dog Day #60 (@walkthruwater) April 18, 2019
You can read more about the Muller Report—including the parts that weren’t redacted—here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).