- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each 9 Months Ago
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ 9 Months Ago
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
Attorney General William Barr explained ahead of making the report public that there would be certain criteria used to justify redactions, including “harm to ongoing matter,” information that is part of ongoing legal matters.
However, as millions of people flocked to read the Mueller Report, they couldn’t help but crack jokes about the sheer number of times “harm to ongoing matter” showed up in the more than 400-page document.
Kazimir Malevich's "Harm to Ongoing Matter," 2019 pic.twitter.com/yOxeDKmNCj— uɐɯlǝıɥ⊥ ɯɐS (@samthielman) April 18, 2019
please nobody show radiohead this pic.twitter.com/G9VQR0Nkbs— pxt (@paulxt) April 18, 2019
All haters will now be referred to as a harm to an ongoing matter pic.twitter.com/e0S9XTVJvk— Alexis Benveniste (@apbenven) April 18, 2019
Some people repurposed other well known or recent memes:
Harm to Ongoing Matter pic.twitter.com/ZTyaapI81a— ElElegante101 (@skolanach) April 18, 2019
Meanwhile, others thought of ways to use “harm to ongoing matter” in everyday life.
Me: Hey, not gonna make it into work today.— Cancel Next Season (@ShittyPickles) April 18, 2019
Boss: Okay, why is that?
Me: HARM TO ONGOING MATTER
Redactions for reason of "Harm to ongoing matter” is basically me talking to my parents about my dating life— Leigh Munsil (@leighmunsil) April 18, 2019
Turning in my next assignment like "sorry this is a harm to ongoing matter - me and my sanity." pic.twitter.com/KQqFO3b66c— Lori Glaspie (@PlanetaryPiggy) April 18, 2019
GF: have you been drinking— Jon Christian (@Jon_Christian) April 18, 2019
Me: redacted due to harm to an ongoing matter
Now I want a mixed drink called "Harm to Ongoing Matter" pic.twitter.com/bZ2MAJQHog— Hot Dog Day #60 (@walkthruwater) April 18, 2019
You can read more about the Muller Report—including the parts that weren’t redacted—here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).