- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
A letter from a high-school aged Judge Brett Kavanaugh has surfaced, detailing plans for Beach Week celebrations, according to the New York Times.
Written on what looks to be college-ruled loose leaf paper, the letter discusses the lease for the Ocean City, Maryland condominium Kavanaugh and his high school crew had rented for the post-graduation week of partying.
The letter starts out listing the loose ends that need tying before the festivities; the remaining money owed on the rental, details for securing the lease, even a reminder that the revelers must bring their own sheets and towels.
Then comes the good stuff.
“I think we are unanimous that any girls we can get to stay there are welcomed with open…Anyway,” an ellipsis leaving what exactly is “open” up to the imagination.
“The danger of eviction is great,” young Kavanaugh reminded his friends, “and that would suck because of the money and because this week has great potential. (Interpret as wish).”
Beach Week, or Senior Week, is a longstanding tradition for East Coast high school and college students. Recent high school and college graduates head to the coast for a week of partying, often involving illegal behavior like underage drinking and drug use, or even worse.
The postscript of the letter says that someone in the group should “warn the neighbors that we’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us. Advise them to go about 30 miles…”
The final part of the letter goes against what Kavanaugh has said about his drinking and the effect it had on his body. During last Thursday’s hearings, Kavanaugh said that he sometimes threw up due to having a weak stomach.
Predictably, Twitter users ran with news of the letter’s release.
Corroboration and multiple women with the same accusation. Oh and Kavanaugh's HS letter signed FFFFF Bart the obnoxious puking drunk planning beach week. Any parent of a teenager can see he's defiant, rude and lying his ass off:— Design Dreamer (@DesignDreamer1) October 3, 2018
Yup.— Yenrap Rellin (@sisboombahbah) October 3, 2018
Everyday we learn more & more about Bret’s complete douchy-ness.
Bart (Brett) Kavanaugh’s 1983 letter offers inside look at High School Clique: He mis-represented himself while in high school. He tells his friends about beach week “Warn the neighbors that we’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us. Advise them to go 30 miles.”— Dora Alvarez (@DoraAlv66955247) October 3, 2018
Fake note. Kavanaugh was a good boy who only concentrated on getting good grades, church, service projects and playing sports. There was never any time for sexual assaults, unsupervised drinking parties and Beach Week. Didn't any of you notice the halo around his head? https://t.co/hk41i5aQsQ— Fern L. Kicha (@FernL2004) October 3, 2018
Brett Kavanaugh's handwritten note to friends re Beach Week says that whoever arrived first at the condo in Ocean City should "warn the neighbors that we’re loud, obnoxious drunks with prolific pukers among us."— James Hohmann (@jameshohmann) October 3, 2018
The letter is even signed “Bart,” Kavanaugh’s nickname, and the name his friend Mark Judge used for his friend and drinking buddy in his memoir. In his testimony, Kavanaugh denied he was the “Bart” in question.
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.