- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic 1 Month Ago
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak 1 Month Ago
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 1 Month Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
A rapper just learned the hard way that it is never alright for a white person to say the N-word.
Footage of a recent rap battle gone wrong has been making the rounds online. In the video, things got violent after a white rapper who VladTV identified as William Wolf said the N-word. Midway through a verse, the rapper said, “I ain’t like these other battle rappers, they talk too much. Saying I can’t say the N-word in this battle.” Wolf barely managed to utter “my n***a” before his opponent took a swing.
The other men in the room quickly intervened, but not before Wolf could be seen reeling from the blow.
White Rapper Gets Punched For Using The N Word 😳👊🏾 pic.twitter.com/jNT9mrEQ2T— Rick Smoove (@_RickSmoove) January 19, 2020
The clip quickly blew up online, where it has been shared by several accounts. One version of the video, shared by @_RickSmoove on Twitter, has already earned nearly 15,000 retweets and 67,200 likes. In the comments, people have been discussing whether or not the white rapper deserved the hit. “He didn’t get hit hard enough,” one commenter said.
Exactly! He challenged not just his opponent, but everyone else in the room to do something about it with his setup and delivery. As if to say "I said the N-word, do something about it"— the weaknd (@TeeToeJackson) January 20, 2020
it was deliberately disrespectful to not just his opponent but every brotha in there.
I'm mad he was the only one to throw a punch. I'm disappointed in that whole room pic.twitter.com/53rFKMKYZ6— Yasuke (@QbertQueso) January 19, 2020
White boy hella bold. He even said he couldn’t use the word and then proceeded to use it— A B B Y🎀✨🇹🇹 (@Abbysylvester96) January 19, 2020
What did he think was gonna happen ?, that’s the problem we’ve allowed them to get comfortable saying it pic.twitter.com/n6oZj0LY9m— Tyren (@TyrenRobinson4) January 19, 2020
The majority of commenters appeared to believe that the punch was very much deserved, but some users flocked to his defense. “It’s battle rap, you can literally say anything you want in your round,” one user wrote. “Even if it’s disrespectful.”
..it’s battle rap, you can literally say anything you want in your round 🤣🤣.. even if it’s disrespectful 🎯— .Cee’Note (@nfl_note) January 20, 2020
Man Blah Blah Blah Everybody Using The N Word, This Aint Nothing New, It’s Being Repeated In Songs, Children Hear It And Say It! That Man Was Mad That The White Boy Bars Was Aimin At His Assss.!— Miss Sasuke💜🇳🇬🏳️🌈🏳️🌈 (@ChynaDollBaybee) January 19, 2020
Some people seemed to think that the word was just an excuse for the white rapper’s opponent to hit him. “Nah bruh just needed a reason to end the battle,” one commenter said. “White boy was giving it to em.”
Nah bruh just needed a reason to end the battle. White boy was giving it to em 🤣🤣🤣— Hibachi 🎒 (@Shake_iHoop) January 19, 2020
Only the guy he was rapping against was offended though, white boy had decent bars and his opponent just wanted a reason to hit him— Bakes (@bakeddozen) January 20, 2020
Dude was delivering bars he just mad he was catching heat😂— J-Mar👑🦁 (@KiingofMars) January 19, 2020
Regardless of the reasoning behind the punch, Wolf is probably rethinking his word choice.
- Blueface accused of ‘humiliating’ the needy by throwing money at them
- Cardi B says she was sexually harassed by a photographer at magazine shoot
- Did Rick Ross unfollow his daughter on Instagram over pregnancy?
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.