- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence 5 Years Ago
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
Apple announces release and pre-order dates for new iPhones, iOS 8
Here are the dates you need to know.
Apple announced at an event in Cupertino, Calif., today that its two new iPhones, the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus will ship on Sept. 19.
The iPhone 6 will be sold for $199, $299, and $399 for the 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB versions, respectively. For the iPhone 6 Plus, those prices are $299, $399, and $499.
Pre-orders begin on Friday, Sept. 12. (That’s this Friday, just to clarify.) This should give all earlier gen-toting users a little insight on when they’ll need to sell their old iPhones before anteing up to 6 or 6 Plus.
Apple also announced that the next version of its mobile operating system, iOS 8, will be released on Wednesday, Sept. 17.
And of course, the Apple Watch doesn’t have a specific release or preorder date yet, but Apple did say it will be available “early 2015.”
Photo via Kārlis Dambrāns/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.