- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits 1 Year Ago
- Biden says he won’t support federal legalization of marijuana 1 Year Ago
- People can’t get enough of ‘Baby Yoda’ 1 Year Ago
- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue 1 Year Ago
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in 1 Year Ago
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch 1 Year Ago
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ Today 10:47 AM
- Pete Buttigieg took a Holocaust memorial picture Today 10:14 AM
- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban Today 8:59 AM
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen Today 8:33 AM
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
“She was traveling around in a suitcase,” he told Vogue of Swift’s ability to avoid the paparazzi.
This theory took hold in July 2017 when paparazzi saw two men carefully placing a suitcase in a car outside of the pop star’s New York home. It was then reported that Swift was actually inside the suitcase, which made the rumor take off.
Some people didn’t believe it considering Swift is 5 feet 10 inches tall. How could she possibly fit?
“Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don’t understand how a 5’10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I’m hoping!!),” someone wrote on Twitter.
Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don't understand how a 5'10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I'm hoping!!) pic.twitter.com/45cEjTlVyP— mikasa (@mikasa22) July 17, 2017
Others were totally convinced that it was true. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase,” someone else said.
I've never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase.— Hannah Orenstein (@hannahorens) July 17, 2017
The original photo service that reported that Swift was in the suitcase later retracted the story. Swift never commented on the story, but with Malik’s confirmation, even if Swift wasn’t in that particular suitcase last year, maybe she has actually been a suitcase at some point.
With the rumor sparked up again, people on Twitter are asking questions. Many are still wondering how she fits inside. “I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase,” one person said.
I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase— charlie🐈 ✨ (@lovedrunkswift) November 14, 2018
Others are applauding the strategic move. “Taylor Swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is,” another person wrote.
taylor swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is— Yasmin (aquarius) (@Yasminh449) November 14, 2018
Another person said they’re stealing the idea. “If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I’m traveling in a suitcase now.”
If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I'm traveling in a suitcase now.— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) November 14, 2018
And most people are still incredibly confused and want to know the truth. “We are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. Was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again,” someone wrote.
tonight is my favorite night on twitter in a while on the Taylor swift topic of things, because we are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again— Taylor (@Taylor_xo13) November 14, 2018
So, was Swift in the suitcase? Was she ever in any suitcase at all? We have a lot of questions and only Swift holds the answers. Hopefully, one day she confirms and lets us know her secret to bending her body into a suitcase. Until then, I want to believe it’s true.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.