- How to watch América vs. Pumas online for free 3 Weeks Ago
- ‘Target Tammy’ is the latest white woman to complain about Black people minding their own business 3 Weeks Ago
- Jason Momoa reprises ‘Game of Thrones’ character on ‘SNL’ Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch the epic Copa Libertadores final online for free Today 9:35 AM
- The top fandoms of 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Today 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Today 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Today 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Today 6:00 AM
- John Kelly will be leaving the White House, and Twitter reacted exactly as expected Saturday 6:12 PM
- Shonen Jump manga is going (mostly) free to combat piracy Saturday 5:14 PM
- ‘Death Grips is online’ is trending, so what does it mean? Saturday 4:33 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube Saturday 3:30 PM
- George Papadopoulos’ wife deletes Twitter account after embarrassing herself in self-congratulatory tweet Saturday 2:18 PM
- Trump surrogate gets dunked on for sipping a $25 ‘gin and tonic’ with a straw Saturday 1:12 PM
Zayn Malik confirms bizarre theory that Taylor Swift travels inside a suitcase
“She was traveling around in a suitcase,” he told Vogue of Swift’s ability to avoid the paparazzi.
This theory took hold in July 2017 when paparazzi saw two men carefully placing a suitcase in a car outside of the pop star’s New York home. It was then reported that Swift was actually inside the suitcase, which made the rumor take off.
— SPIN 1038 (@spin1038) July 17, 2017
Some people didn’t believe it considering Swift is 5 feet 10 inches tall. How could she possibly fit?
“Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don’t understand how a 5’10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I’m hoping!!),” someone wrote on Twitter.
Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don't understand how a 5'10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I'm hoping!!) pic.twitter.com/45cEjTlVyP
— mikasa (@mikasa22) July 17, 2017
Others were totally convinced that it was true. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase,” someone else said.
I've never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase.
— Hannah Orenstein (@hannahorens) July 17, 2017
The original photo service that reported that Swift was in the suitcase later retracted the story. Swift never commented on the story, but with Malik’s confirmation, even if Swift wasn’t in that particular suitcase last year, maybe she has actually been a suitcase at some point.
With the rumor sparked up again, people on Twitter are asking questions. Many are still wondering how she fits inside. “I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase,” one person said.
I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase
— charlie🐈 ✨ (@lovedrunkswift) November 14, 2018
Others are applauding the strategic move. “Taylor Swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is,” another person wrote.
taylor swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is
— Yasmin (aquarius) (@Yasminh449) November 14, 2018
Another person said they’re stealing the idea. “If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I’m traveling in a suitcase now.”
If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I'm traveling in a suitcase now.
— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) November 14, 2018
And most people are still incredibly confused and want to know the truth. “We are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. Was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again,” someone wrote.
tonight is my favorite night on twitter in a while on the Taylor swift topic of things, because we are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again
— Taylor (@Taylor_xo13) November 14, 2018
So, was Swift in the suitcase? Was she ever in any suitcase at all? We have a lot of questions and only Swift holds the answers. Hopefully, one day she confirms and lets us know her secret to bending her body into a suitcase. Until then, I want to believe it’s true.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.