- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Today 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
“She was traveling around in a suitcase,” he told Vogue of Swift’s ability to avoid the paparazzi.
This theory took hold in July 2017 when paparazzi saw two men carefully placing a suitcase in a car outside of the pop star’s New York home. It was then reported that Swift was actually inside the suitcase, which made the rumor take off.
Some people didn’t believe it considering Swift is 5 feet 10 inches tall. How could she possibly fit?
“Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don’t understand how a 5’10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I’m hoping!!),” someone wrote on Twitter.
Was this suitcase once owned by Mary Poppins? I don't understand how a 5'10 Taylor Swift could be hiding in it otherwise. (but I'm hoping!!) pic.twitter.com/45cEjTlVyP— mikasa (@mikasa22) July 17, 2017
Others were totally convinced that it was true. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase,” someone else said.
I've never been more certain of anything in my life. Taylor Swift *IS* hiding in that suitcase.— Hannah Orenstein (@hannahorens) July 17, 2017
The original photo service that reported that Swift was in the suitcase later retracted the story. Swift never commented on the story, but with Malik’s confirmation, even if Swift wasn’t in that particular suitcase last year, maybe she has actually been a suitcase at some point.
With the rumor sparked up again, people on Twitter are asking questions. Many are still wondering how she fits inside. “I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase,” one person said.
I’m trying to figure how miss 5’10 Taylor Swift fits into that suitcase— charlie🐈 ✨ (@lovedrunkswift) November 14, 2018
Others are applauding the strategic move. “Taylor Swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is,” another person wrote.
taylor swift escaped the paps by being wheeled around in a suitcase and if that ain’t smart idk what is— Yasmin (aquarius) (@Yasminh449) November 14, 2018
Another person said they’re stealing the idea. “If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I’m traveling in a suitcase now.”
If Taylor Swift travels in a suitcase, then I'm traveling in a suitcase now.— Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) November 14, 2018
And most people are still incredibly confused and want to know the truth. “We are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. Was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again,” someone wrote.
tonight is my favorite night on twitter in a while on the Taylor swift topic of things, because we are all collectively back into wondering if Taylor was in the suitcase. was she?? Wasn’t she?? We will never know?? I feel like it’s 2017 again— Taylor (@Taylor_xo13) November 14, 2018
So, was Swift in the suitcase? Was she ever in any suitcase at all? We have a lot of questions and only Swift holds the answers. Hopefully, one day she confirms and lets us know her secret to bending her body into a suitcase. Until then, I want to believe it’s true.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.