- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Instagram gives us a fleeting glimpse into the lifestyles of the rich and the famous: the tropical destinations they’re visiting, the new outfits they’re rocking, and the gourmet food they’re at least considering eating. Who has the most followers on Instagram? People whose lives typically look nothing like our own.
Sure, when we see a more mundane Instagram video or photo, we’re reminded that celebrities are just like us, with basic needs and flaws. But let’s be real—we follow them mostly because they’re not. So who is really winning the Insta game? Here’s who has the most Instagram followers.
Who has the most followers on Instagram?
1) Instagram– 247 million followers
Instagram has over 800 million users, and nearly a third of those people follow the company’s official account. The feed is curated by Instagram’s community management team and features photos from around the world, so you never know what you’re going to see next.
2) Selena Gomez– 141 million followers
Selena Gomez may not be the most famous person on this list, but she’s the original queen of Instagram, reigning since December 2015.
3) Cristiano Ronaldo– 140 million followers
Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is the most popular man on Instagram, and it’s not even a close call. He tops his nearest male competitor by more than 25 million followers.
4) Ariana Grande– 126 million followers
The former Disney actress-turned-pop superstar has dominated headlines in the wake of the terrorist attack at her Manchester concert and her subsequent benefit performance.
5) Beyoncé– 117 million followers
The only thing less surprising than Beyoncé being on the list is that she isn’t higher. According to her loyal Beyhive followers, however, she’s always no. 1.
6) Kim Kardashian– 116 million followers
Some of Kim Kardashian-West’s most infamous internet-breaking photos first appeared on Instagram, where she regularly pushes the limits of the company’s NSFW policy.
7) Kylie Jenner– 114 million followers
As the youngest person in the top 10, Kylie Jenner has been in the spotlight since age 9, thanks to Keeping Up with the Kardashians. She has since nabbed her own series and makeup brand, racking up an overwhelming social media presence all on her own. She took a short Insta hiatus during while keeping her pregnancy under wraps, but returned full force after her daughter, Stormi, was born.
8) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson– 114 million followers
If pro wrestling star-turned-Hollywood icon Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson does ever make a run in politics, he’ll have a massive Instagram audience to at his disposal.
9) Taylor Swift– 111 million followers
Once the most-followed person on Instagram, Taylor Swift has lost some ground in recent years. Still, her follower count is actively larger than entire populations of some European countries.
- How to repost on Instagram
- The secret trick to downloading full-resolution Instagram photos
- How to find porn on Instagram
- Here’s how to clear your search history on Instagram
10) Justin Bieber– 102 million followers
Justin Bieber’s Instagram provides a pretty candid look at the pop star’s life. Some of his recent posts included videos of him playing pickup basketball and photos of him “wilding out” in the club.
11) Neymar Jr.– 101 million followers
12) Lionel Messi– 97.6 million followers
13) Kendall Jenner– 94.6 million followers
14) Nicki Minaj– 90.9 million followers
15) National Geographic–90.4 million followers
16) Nike– 79.8 million followers
17) Jennifer Lopez– 78.9 million followers
18) Khloe Kardashian– 78.4 million followers
19) Miley Cyrus– 76.2 million followers
- How to disconnect Facebook from Instagram
- How to see all the people who unfollowed you on Instagram
- The ultimate beginner’s guide to Instagram
- How to unblock someone from Instagram
20) Katy Perry– 71.3 million followers
21) Demi Lovato– 71 million followers
22) Kourtney Kardashian– 66.6 million followers
23) Rihanna– 64.3 million followers
24) Real Madrid C.F.– 62.5 million followers
25) Kevin Hart– 61.8 million followers
26) Victoria’s Secret– 60.8 million followers
- The 30 sexiest porn stars on Instagram
- How to follow celebrities on Snapchat
- The hottest gay porn stars on Instagram
- The 20 most-subscribed-to YouTube channels
27) FC Barcelona– 59.3 million followers
28) The Ellen Show– 56.4 million
29) Zendaya– 52.2 million followers
30) Justin Timberlake– 51 million followers
Looking for more information on Instagram? Here’s how to clear your search history on Instagram and how to tell if someone blocked you on Instagram. You can also disconnect Facebook from Instagram or unblock someone. For more tips, see our ultimate beginner’s guide to Instagram.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.