- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
Enjoy some Hollywood-flavored Snaps.
Snapchat isn’t just for horny teens. With 166 million daily active users, it’s now a very powerful messaging app.
In addition to brands and politicians, celebrities are taking advantage of the engagement opportunity that Snapchat offers. Kylie Jenner, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Rihanna are just a few of the famous faces sharing intimate moments that would have otherwise gone unseen.
Following a celebrity is no different from following other users, you just need to know the correct username. Here’s what to do.
How to follow someone on Snapchat
In the app, tap on the ghost icon at the top of your screen. This will take you to your profile screen. From here, you need to click on the option Add Friends.
Assuming you don’t have access to the celeb’s Snapcode and they won’t show up in an Add Nearby search, you need to select the option Add by Username.
Now, type the username of the person you want to add. You don’t need to use an “@” before the name.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to use Snapchat: A beginner’s guide
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
If the username you entered matches an existing Snapchat account, you’ll see a square box with a plus sign in it appear next to the name. Tap on the box to add the user to your contacts.
One way to know you’re adding the correct celebrity account and not someone posing as the socialite is to look for a little emoji to the right of their name. Similar to the blue check mark on Twitter, verified accounts on Snapchat have emoji like an eggplant, crown, or tiger.
You’ll now see Snaps from the celeb you’ve followed in your Stories screen, and who knows? Maybe they’ll even add you back.
To get started, here are 40 celebrities you should follow right now.
Additional reporting by Kristen Hubby
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.