- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Snapchat isn’t just for horny teens. With 166 million daily active users, it’s now a very powerful messaging app.
In addition to brands and politicians, celebrities are taking advantage of the engagement opportunity that Snapchat offers. Kylie Jenner, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Rihanna are just a few of the famous faces sharing intimate moments that would have otherwise gone unseen.
Following a celebrity is no different from following other users, you just need to know the correct username. Here’s what to do.
How to follow someone on Snapchat
In the app, tap on the ghost icon at the top of your screen. This will take you to your profile screen. From here, you need to click on the option Add Friends.
Assuming you don’t have access to the celeb’s Snapcode and they won’t show up in an Add Nearby search, you need to select the option Add by Username.
Now, type the username of the person you want to add. You don’t need to use an “@” before the name.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to use Snapchat: A beginner’s guide
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
If the username you entered matches an existing Snapchat account, you’ll see a square box with a plus sign in it appear next to the name. Tap on the box to add the user to your contacts.
One way to know you’re adding the correct celebrity account and not someone posing as the socialite is to look for a little emoji to the right of their name. Similar to the blue check mark on Twitter, verified accounts on Snapchat have emoji like an eggplant, crown, or tiger.
You’ll now see Snaps from the celeb you’ve followed in your Stories screen, and who knows? Maybe they’ll even add you back.
To get started, here are 40 celebrities you should follow right now.
Additional reporting by Kristen Hubby
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.