- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track 4 Weeks Ago
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Today 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Today 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Today 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Today 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Today 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Today 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
Saturday Night Live combined two of the internet’s most talked-about sensations on Saturday night–it created a Popeyes chicken sandwich, Disney+ parody. And to top it off, the parody featured SNL’s musical guest Harry Styles.
The skit starts off with a group of office employees celebrating the closing of a deal. They are all trying to figure out where and what to eat to celebrate their success.
Styles, who is playing a British intern, is told to pick up lunch for everyone. He exclaims that he is going to go to Popeyes in the middle of a rush-hour to get “like 15 chicken sandwiches.” He also says he would cut the line and ask for the sandwiches pronto because he is “in a hurry.”
“I don’t mind yelling if I need to, even if the cashier’s a woman,” Styles says.
The Black employees at the firm quickly warn Styles against this, letting him know that there would be chaos if he goes to Popeyes, and especially if he goes alone and orders the sandwiches in such a way. But Styles says he must do it.
The icing on the cake? The name of Styles’ character is Robert E. Lee.
“Can we agree Harry’s SNL SKIT for Popeyes chicken sandwich was on point?” Twitter user @HESTAE_ wrote. Another exclaimed that Styles talking about the chicken sandwiches on SNL is their “religion.”
A SNL SKIT. WITH HARRY STYLES. ABOUT THE POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH. pic.twitter.com/XfGR6sVcve— evie (@eviie_w) November 17, 2019
HARRY STYLES TALKING ABOUT THE POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH ON SNL IS MY RELIGION— ashley (@ashleyfaulds) November 17, 2019
harry can't have a song about watermelon and do a skit about popeyes on SNL—which i legally own—without giving me season passes to the tour. is he crazy— alexis (@AAALEXlS) November 17, 2019
Leave it to SNL to find the perfect way to address the madness that has been Twitter since Peele released Get Out in 2017, since Popeyes brought back its chicken sandwich at the beginning of November, and since Disney launched its streaming service on Nov. 12.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.