- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
Less than a week after it restocked its famous chicken sandwich, Popeyes has already seen the destruction of a car, a man screaming the N-word, numerous fights, and even a death. Now, an employee selling sandwiches as a side hustle can be added to that list.
TMZ got its hands on a video that shows Popeyes employees fighting behind the counter of one of its Los Angeles, California locations. Screaming can be heard in the video, as someone yells, “You fucking hit me, bitch!”
A source told TMZ that the incident started after one employee was caught selling the chicken sandwiches on the side. Multiple employees came together to fight the employee in question.
This happened not even a week after the fatal stabbing at a Popeyes in Maryland, an incident a Popeyes spokesperson described as a “tragedy.”
“We are saddened to hear about this senseless act of violence,” the spokesperson said in a press statement. “We, along with the franchisee, are fully cooperating with local authorities and actively working to gather more information.”
Of course, people have been talking about how great the sandwich is, or Justin Bieber who tried out the sandwich, and deemed it was “not worth the hype” on Instagram.
Despite all the madness it has caused, TMZ reports that Popeyes will not be removing the chicken sandwich from the menu.
- Popeyes chicken sandwich: Man made to apologize after screaming N-word
- Ja Rule chimes in on Popeyes chicken sandwich craze, gets promptly roasted
- Popeyes flips Chick-fil-A the bird by bringing back sandwich on a Sunday
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.