- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination 5 Days Ago
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching 5 Days Ago
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Today 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Today 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Today 2:57 PM
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time Today 1:46 PM
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency Today 1:46 PM
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now Today 1:30 PM
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
Less than a week after it restocked its famous chicken sandwich, Popeyes has already seen the destruction of a car, a man screaming the N-word, numerous fights, and even a death. Now, an employee selling sandwiches as a side hustle can be added to that list.
TMZ got its hands on a video that shows Popeyes employees fighting behind the counter of one of its Los Angeles, California locations. Screaming can be heard in the video, as someone yells, “You fucking hit me, bitch!”
A source told TMZ that the incident started after one employee was caught selling the chicken sandwiches on the side. Multiple employees came together to fight the employee in question.
This happened not even a week after the fatal stabbing at a Popeyes in Maryland, an incident a Popeyes spokesperson described as a “tragedy.”
“We are saddened to hear about this senseless act of violence,” the spokesperson said in a press statement. “We, along with the franchisee, are fully cooperating with local authorities and actively working to gather more information.”
Of course, people have been talking about how great the sandwich is, or Justin Bieber who tried out the sandwich, and deemed it was “not worth the hype” on Instagram.
Despite all the madness it has caused, TMZ reports that Popeyes will not be removing the chicken sandwich from the menu.
- Popeyes chicken sandwich: Man made to apologize after screaming N-word
- Ja Rule chimes in on Popeyes chicken sandwich craze, gets promptly roasted
- Popeyes flips Chick-fil-A the bird by bringing back sandwich on a Sunday
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.