- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Less than a week after it restocked its famous chicken sandwich, Popeyes has already seen the destruction of a car, a man screaming the N-word, numerous fights, and even a death. Now, an employee selling sandwiches as a side hustle can be added to that list.
TMZ got its hands on a video that shows Popeyes employees fighting behind the counter of one of its Los Angeles, California locations. Screaming can be heard in the video, as someone yells, “You fucking hit me, bitch!”
A source told TMZ that the incident started after one employee was caught selling the chicken sandwiches on the side. Multiple employees came together to fight the employee in question.
This happened not even a week after the fatal stabbing at a Popeyes in Maryland, an incident a Popeyes spokesperson described as a “tragedy.”
“We are saddened to hear about this senseless act of violence,” the spokesperson said in a press statement. “We, along with the franchisee, are fully cooperating with local authorities and actively working to gather more information.”
Of course, people have been talking about how great the sandwich is, or Justin Bieber who tried out the sandwich, and deemed it was “not worth the hype” on Instagram.
Despite all the madness it has caused, TMZ reports that Popeyes will not be removing the chicken sandwich from the menu.
- Popeyes chicken sandwich: Man made to apologize after screaming N-word
- Ja Rule chimes in on Popeyes chicken sandwich craze, gets promptly roasted
- Popeyes flips Chick-fil-A the bird by bringing back sandwich on a Sunday
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.