Android Smart TVs may just be the most prevalent models on the market, if only because the Android OS is so gosh darn reliable. When it’s not powering Chromecast devices and Nvidia Shield, it’s the backbone of popular Smart TVs like Sony Bravia. With Disney+ turning streaming audience heads, Android Smart TV owners are looking to get their Mickey Mouse fix.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney Plus on Android Smart TV.
Is my Android Smart TV compatible with Disney+?
If your Sony Smart TV is powered by Android, the answer is yes. If not, it’s a definite maybe. If your Sony Smart TV isn’t an Android, consult your TV manual for workarounds.
How to watch Disney Plus on Android Smart TVs
Because Amazon Fire TV Editions are “smart,” streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access the Google Play App store on your desktop.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.”
- Select the application and hit “Install.”
- Once the app is finished installing, open the app.
- Log in using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus-supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Bravia
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.