Amazon Fire TV Edition is one of the most popular ways to stream. Disney Plus is the latest and perhaps most essential streaming service available for families. The service lets you access all that classic Disney vault content, Marvel movies, and even National Geographic documentaries and specials. Together, they’re a match in streaming heaven. Amazon Fire Edition Smart TVs even offer a free Disney+ app that gives you instant access, either with a few clicks of a remote, or a friendly call to Alexa.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney+ on Amazon Fire Smart TV.
Is my Amazon Fire Smart TV compatible with Disney+?
Initially, Amazon Fire devices weren’t going to have Disney+ at launch. But that was quickly remedied.
Newer models of Amazon Fire Edition Smart TVs may come packed with Disney+ already installed. If you’re on a slightly older model, nabbing Disney Plus is still pretty easy.
How to watch Disney Plus on Amazon Fire Smart TV
Because Amazon Fire TV Editions are “smart,” streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access the Amazon App Store.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.”
- Select the application and hit “Install.”
- Once the app is finished installing, open the app. Or simply say, “Alexa, open Disney+”
- Login using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus-supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Brava
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.