- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
Android Smart TVs may just be the most prevalent models on the market, if only because the Android OS is so gosh darn reliable. When it’s not powering Chromecast devices and Nvidia Shield, it’s the backbone of popular Smart TVs like Sony Bravia. With Disney+ turning streaming audience heads, Android Smart TV owners are looking to get their Mickey Mouse fix.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney Plus on Android Smart TV.
7 day free trial
(with Hulu and ESPN+)
Is my Android Smart TV compatible with Disney+?
If your Sony Smart TV is powered by Android, the answer is yes. If not, it’s a definite maybe. If your Sony Smart TV isn’t an Android, consult your TV manual for workarounds.
How to watch Disney Plus on Android Smart TVs
Because Amazon Fire TV Editions are “smart,” streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access the Google Play App store on your desktop.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.”
- Select the application and hit “Install.”
- Once the app is finished installing, open the app.
- Log in using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus-supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Bravia
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.