- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories Thursday 12:14 PM
- CBS to launch ‘House of Brands’ to bulk up streaming Thursday 11:57 AM
Harry Potter star Matthew Lewis lived the type of fantasy fanfics are made of this past weekend.
The 28-year-old actor said “I do” to longtime girlfriend Angela Jones in Italy over Memorial Day weekend, and it turns out their origin story is a tale as old as celebrity-fueled diary entries have existed. The couple met in 2016 while Jones was working at the Orlando, Florida, Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, hit it off, and started dating immediately. It’s a true underdog story for Lewis, whose character Neville Longbottom is notoriously clumsy, out-of-shape, and just trying to get through the day as a full-blown nerd. Think about it: Pudgy child stars in hit movie series about wizards; grows into tall, handsome adult actor; marries woman he meets while she’s working at his movie’s IRL headquarters.
The couple seems to have fun together, too. Lewis joked about the ceremony on Twitter Monday, saying: “Not only did I miss @arcticmonkeys in LA but they were performing in Italy at the same time we were there and my wife made me get married instead. Fuming.”
Good things happen sometimes.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.