- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal 2 Years Ago
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen 2 Years Ago
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
Update 1:49pm CT, Nov. 7: All of the Kevin Spacey jokes have been compiled into one supercut, which can be streamed below:
On Monday, Spacey responded to allegations that he assaulted Anthony Rapp when the latter was 14. Other allegations have since come out, and production on House of Cards season 6 was halted. While people were mining pop culture for some old Spacey jokes and references, Difficult People creator and star Julie Klausner was transparent.
No need to “dig” or “uncover” Kevin Spacey jokes from Difficult People, journos!— Julie Klausner (@julieklausner) October 30, 2017
Over three seasons, the show has made jokes about Spacey—and his alleged behavior—part of the fabric of the series. The fan account @difficultpsycho has compiled them in tweet and video form.
Spacey wasn’t the only target. Let’s not forget season 3’s incredible Woody Allen episode, in which Klausner accepts a role in his new series but tries to pretend she’s still a feminist.
as ever, difficult people has a scene for everything pic.twitter.com/LjHAu5CtR9— rachel syme (@rachsyme) October 15, 2017
Season 3 of Difficult People concluded on Sept. 26; the show has not yet officially been renewed for a fourth season.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.