- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 1 Month Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
Channing Tatum and Jessie J are officially an item once again, and Tatum is already jumping to defend his girlfriend from jerks on social media.
The two first got together toward the end of 2018, half a year after Tatum and ex-wife Jenna Dewan called it quits after being married for nine years. It didn’t take long for people online to start pointing out the physical similarities between Dewan and the “Price Tag” singer–and the comparisons have continued to follow the couple throughout their relationship.
Tatum and Jessie J split in December, but it was only a few weeks before rumors swirled that they were already back together. They made it Instagram official on Friday. Tatum posted a photo of them cozying up together in unicorn hats.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Channing Tatum (@channingtatum) on
And while we all know there are always people offering up unsolicited opinions all over the internet, particularly when it comes to unnecessarily pitting women against each other, one lame comment on the photo caused Tatum to go out of his way to clap back.
“Jenna looks better with you,” Instagram user @alexisak184 wrote, harkening back to the old Jenna-Jessie comparisons.
And the Jupiter Ascending star was not here for it.
“Hey Alex I don’t usually address shit like this,” he wrote. “But you seem as good a of terrible happy people hating thoughtless person as any of them. Why don’t you seriously think about what your [sic] doing. It’s hurtful and i ain’t about it.”
He then went on to specifically defend his lady: “If you can’t not be a horrible hatful [sic] person on my page and support the infinite and untouchable beauty and woman that Jess is… please kindly get the TF out of here. No one wants you here. Especially me. And ain’t no body more stunning and more beautiful to look at but even more as a human than Jess. And yeah that includes my ex.”
Tatum later clarified his remarks.
“And just to be super clear for the other people that love to turn shit around. Jenna is beautiful and amazing in her own right,” he later added.
He ultimately turned the post’s comments off entirely and instead followed up with another photo of Jessie on her own, captioning it, “Sculpture of magic.”
- Twitter user shocked to find out her boyfriend’s mom dated Channing Tatum in high school
- Twitter mourns after Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan announce split
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum celebrate the anniversary of ‘Step Up’
H/T iHeart Radio
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.