- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate 1 Year Ago
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image 1 Year Ago
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Today 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
- HUD proposal would allow homeless shelters to refuse trans people Today 10:44 AM
- Disney’s ‘Aladdin’ remake isn’t terrible Today 10:11 AM
- Police under investigation after running over 1-year-old child Today 9:16 AM
- Who is Jannah, the breakout star of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 9:10 AM
- Trump revives his ‘dumb as a rock’ insult for Rex Tillerson Today 9:03 AM
Twitter mourns after Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan announce split
Tatum and Dewan both posted the statement, and in the style of Gwyneth Paltrow’s iconic “conscious uncoupling,” announced that they have “lovingly chosen to separate as a couple.”
The pair said they were reluctant to share their news in such an outward-facing way, but also appreciated that the lives they live are very public. “It feels odd that we have to share this kind of thing with everyone,” they wrote. “But it’s a consequence of the lives we’ve chosen to lead, which we also happen to be deeply grateful for.”
“We fell deeply in love so many years ago and have had a magical journey together. Absolutely nothing has changed about how much we love one another, but love is a beautiful adventure that is taking us on different paths for now,” they continued.
The couple, who both started their career as dancers, met on the set of the first Step Up movie in 2006 and have been together ever since. They have a 4-year-old daughter together, and in the statement wrote that they are “still a family and will always be loving dedicated parents to Everly.”
Fans on Twitter were shocked at the split, and “Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan” trended in the U.S. all Monday night.
If Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan's marriage can't survive after she gave him a Magic Mike strip tease to Pony on national television, then I have lost all faith in love.
— Zana Huber (@zanahuber) April 3, 2018
— Jennifer (@jend231) April 3, 2018
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan are breaking up. Please respect my privacy during this difficult time.
— Sarah Cooper (@sarahcpr) April 3, 2018
I've never been emotionally invested in a celebrity couple, but I still NEVER would've called Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan breaking up, tbh pic.twitter.com/4URC3qEAn3
— Kay Taylor Rea (@kaytaylorrea) April 3, 2018
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan are splitting up… is love real pic.twitter.com/u8GdV9MN2k
— Connie Barron (@shiver97) April 3, 2018
finding out Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan are separating and all hope for love is lost…but then realizing Channing is single pic.twitter.com/onavjGxxv7
— care-uh (@CaraHenahan) April 3, 2018
But hey, we’ll always have Step Up:
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum are separating. We'll always have "Step Up" pic.twitter.com/dqk11hKFZi
— Jarett Wieselman (@JarettSays) April 3, 2018
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.