- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Black Twitter lists the woke white people invited to their cookout
These Caucasians *get it.*
The luminaries of Black Twitter never hesitate to roast those who deserve it. They burned Steve Harvey to a crisp for his Miss Universe fail. They clap back when their auntie is rude during the holidays. But now the roast has taken on a more literal dimension.
That’s because Black Twitter is letting us know which white people would be invited to their cookout. It’s not a ploy—it’s a sign of respect.
Uproxx points out that Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Oscar win was the kindling for #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout. Finally, the actor received the recognition he’s been waiting his whole career for. And, more importantly, he got a formal invite to the BBQ.
Leo DiCaprio is on the list of “White People Invited To The Cookout” along with Betty White and Justin Timberlake
— Shaolin Decent (@ItB_LikeThat) February 29, 2016
The cookout is hallowed ground for the black community. Michael Harriot outlined some of the rules for Caucasians who find themselves invited to such a party (avoid arriving on time; never accept an offer to play Spades). But before you take his advice, you need to be worthy of an invite. The only whites who make the cut are the ones who truly get it.
Meanwhile, there are some white people most definitely not invited to the cookout. That’s gotta sting.
And if you end up going to the cookout, be warned: You should maybe eat a snack before you show up.
Photo via wickenden/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.