- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears 3 Years Ago
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Today 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
These Caucasians *get it.*
The luminaries of Black Twitter never hesitate to roast those who deserve it. They burned Steve Harvey to a crisp for his Miss Universe fail. They clap back when their auntie is rude during the holidays. But now the roast has taken on a more literal dimension.
That’s because Black Twitter is letting us know which white people would be invited to their cookout. It’s not a ploy—it’s a sign of respect.
Uproxx points out that Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Oscar win was the kindling for #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout. Finally, the actor received the recognition he’s been waiting his whole career for. And, more importantly, he got a formal invite to the BBQ.
Leo DiCaprio is on the list of “White People Invited To The Cookout” along with Betty White and Justin Timberlake
— Shaolin Decent (@ItB_LikeThat) February 29, 2016
The cookout is hallowed ground for the black community. Michael Harriot outlined some of the rules for Caucasians who find themselves invited to such a party (avoid arriving on time; never accept an offer to play Spades). But before you take his advice, you need to be worthy of an invite. The only whites who make the cut are the ones who truly get it.
Meanwhile, there are some white people most definitely not invited to the cookout. That’s gotta sting.
And if you end up going to the cookout, be warned: You should maybe eat a snack before you show up.
Photo via wickenden/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.