- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror 4 Years Ago
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
Black Twitter lists the woke white people invited to their cookout
These Caucasians *get it.*
The luminaries of Black Twitter never hesitate to roast those who deserve it. They burned Steve Harvey to a crisp for his Miss Universe fail. They clap back when their auntie is rude during the holidays. But now the roast has taken on a more literal dimension.
That’s because Black Twitter is letting us know which white people would be invited to their cookout. It’s not a ploy—it’s a sign of respect.
Uproxx points out that Leonardo DiCaprio‘s Oscar win was the kindling for #WhitePeopleInvitedToTheCookout. Finally, the actor received the recognition he’s been waiting his whole career for. And, more importantly, he got a formal invite to the BBQ.
Leo DiCaprio is on the list of “White People Invited To The Cookout” along with Betty White and Justin Timberlake
— Shaolin Decent (@ItB_LikeThat) February 29, 2016
The cookout is hallowed ground for the black community. Michael Harriot outlined some of the rules for Caucasians who find themselves invited to such a party (avoid arriving on time; never accept an offer to play Spades). But before you take his advice, you need to be worthy of an invite. The only whites who make the cut are the ones who truly get it.
Meanwhile, there are some white people most definitely not invited to the cookout. That’s gotta sting.
And if you end up going to the cookout, be warned: You should maybe eat a snack before you show up.
Photo via wickenden/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.