- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ 3 Months Ago
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed 3 Months Ago
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
There are a lot of moments in the final Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker trailer that stand out. Like the appearance of Rose Tico and that emotional line from C-3PO. But one dramatic scene is turning into a horny fan meme. Adam Driver, who plays Kylo Ren, emerges from the edge of a seaside storm completely drenched and carrying his lightsaber.
KYLO REN LOOKS LIKE A KNIGHT pic.twitter.com/1PrTSnI5H1— mando’s voice modulator (@sithmando) October 22, 2019
The image of Kylo Ren soaking wet was reminiscent of scenes in romantic comedies.
Like Colin Firth’s Mr. Darcy in the BBC’s Pride and Prejudice.
I'm doubling down on the Mr Darcy shtick and hoping it works pic.twitter.com/bmDM6dklBd— Sad Kylo Ren (@KyloIsSad) October 22, 2019
The comparison also works with Matthew Macfadyen’s Mr. Darcy.
And Ryan Gosling in The Notebook.
“It wasn’t over. It STILL isn’t over!” pic.twitter.com/fhm9yVMDsm— Toby Herman (@tobyherman27) October 22, 2019
Overall, people are here for wet Kylo Ren.
4 years of being a kylo ren stan and i finally gets my rights with this pic.twitter.com/EHVTYAX6gg— lauren (@thumosren) October 22, 2019
Kylo Ren has inspired memes since his first appearance in a Star Wars film. The emo-like character, with his all-black ensembles and sullen expression, is an all-too-perfect fit for online fandoms. People also just really like Driver as an actor. So Kylo Ren will likely become the most-memed character in The Rise of Skywalker. Whether his drenched, brooding scene is a hint that Kylo Ren will eventually become good—or a romantic prospect for someone—is yet to be determined. We’ll have to wait until December to find out.
If you want to watch the full scene, it’s about 45 seconds into the trailer.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.