- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Today 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Today 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Today 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Today 12:24 PM
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- 12 must-see music documentaries on Netflix Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
The internet thinks that Chadwick Boseman is really tired of ‘Wakanda Forever’
Since the release of Black Panther in February, these words have been the top slogan and unofficial greeting amongst groups of friends, colleagues, celebrities, and just about anyone who saw the record-breaking movie.
In the film, the motto of the fictional African country Wakanda is accompanied by an “X” pose across the chest. The cast, specifically Chadwick Boseman, who plays T’Challa/Black Panther in the film, have done this pose at dozens and dozens of times at public events. At first, Boseman seemed excited about yelling out “Wakanda Forever!” and crossing his arms over his chest. Months later? Not so much.
While the love for Black Panther is still real and the movie references are endless, the internet has noticed a slight difference in the Black Panther himself. In each recent media appearance, it seems that all life and enthusiasm have been drained from Boseman’s face and he can no longer stand to do the Wakanda salute. Where is his smile? Where is the joy in his eyes? It seems “Wakanda Forever” has become “Wakinda Forever”.
It wasn’t long before Twitter accounts got hold of pictures from red carpet events and other appearances and added their own captions of what may have been going through Boseman’s mind when he posed. Even when interacting with fans, it seems as though Boseman is silently praying that the encounter will not include an exchange of the famous salute.
“If I hear Wakanda forever one more damn time….” pic.twitter.com/tp5sXtVtfk
— Bashenga (@thispIacehoteI) May 13, 2018
“Hey Chadwick! Wakanda Forev-“
— jalen (@YungJayy_) May 13, 2018
chadwick boseman : an evolution pic.twitter.com/8GCyI5Q9Uz
— rene vs infinity war (@reneverse) May 13, 2018
A rare picture of Chadwick Boseman still enjoying Wakanda Forever… Rt for good luck https://t.co/yIeVChc0Vp
— G.O.A.T. (@GhanaianPrince) May 13, 2018
With a sequel of Black Panther pretty much guaranteed, the Wakandan salute isn’t fading out anytime soon. Let’s hope that Boseman is mentally preparing for doing the pose many, many more times.