- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
The executive order meme just got GIF’d.
President Donald Trump‘s unveiling of his first executive order—an attempt to roll back the Affordable Care Act—provided perfect fodder for a new meme. When a president holds up a piece of paper that can be easily Photoshopped, that’s a gift to the internet. But now, one Twitter account is taking the meme to the next level: animated GIFs.
Trump Draws GIFs show the president proudly displaying childlike drawings to the press, awaiting the applause due to him for drawing a house or cat.
This version of the executive order meme impugns Trump’s intelligence in a manner that calls to mind the case against the previous Republican president, George W. Bush. This angle of attack is doomed to fail, of course, because Trump has a very high IQ. One of the highest. (Source: Donald J. Trump.)
There are only three GIFs on the Trump Draws Twitter account thus far, but one of them—the “kat” one—was the top post on Reddit Tuesday morning. If Trump Draws doesn’t post more, you can bet that someone else will.
Update 12:19pm CT, Jan. 31: A third GIF hit the web Tuesday afternoon!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.