- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
President Donald Trump‘s unveiling of his first executive order—an attempt to roll back the Affordable Care Act—provided perfect fodder for a new meme. When a president holds up a piece of paper that can be easily Photoshopped, that’s a gift to the internet. But now, one Twitter account is taking the meme to the next level: animated GIFs.
Trump Draws GIFs show the president proudly displaying childlike drawings to the press, awaiting the applause due to him for drawing a house or cat.
This version of the executive order meme impugns Trump’s intelligence in a manner that calls to mind the case against the previous Republican president, George W. Bush. This angle of attack is doomed to fail, of course, because Trump has a very high IQ. One of the highest. (Source: Donald J. Trump.)
There are only three GIFs on the Trump Draws Twitter account thus far, but one of them—the “kat” one—was the top post on Reddit Tuesday morning. If Trump Draws doesn’t post more, you can bet that someone else will.
Update 12:19pm CT, Jan. 31: A third GIF hit the web Tuesday afternoon!
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.