- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Trump called Apple CEO Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’—and there are memes
‘How do you like tim apples?’
It’s not the first time President Donald Trump has assigned someone a nickname unprompted, and it certainly won’t be the last. Trump on Wednesday referred to Apple CEO Tim Cook as “Tim Apple,” seemingly by accident.
Trump was addressing Cook at an American Workforce Policy Advisory Board meeting when he uttered “Tim Apple” right to Cook’s face. The tech CEO nodded in agreement, without flinching.
folks you gotta admit “Tim Apple” is objectively hilarious
— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) March 6, 2019
Trump had been praising the tech company.
“We have so many companies coming in,” Trump said. “People like Tim, you’re expanding all over and doing things that I really wanted you to right from the beginning. I used to say, ‘Tim, you’ve got to start doing it over here,’ and you really have. I mean, you’ve really put a big investment in our country. We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.”
Trump just called Apple CEO Tim Cook “Tim Apple” pic.twitter.com/gTHHtjWvc9
— Sean O'Kane (@sokane1) March 6, 2019
It was almost no time at all before the jokes piled up on Twitter.
“How do you like tim apples?” TV writer Joe Randazzo tweeted.
how do you like tim apples?
— Joe Randazzo (@Randazzoj) March 6, 2019
“Tim Apple, whose colleagues include John Reddit and Bill Pornhub,” wrote Muna Mire.
tim apple, whose colleagues include john reddit and bill pornhub
— muna (@Muna_Mire) March 6, 2019
“Please, call me Tim. Mr. Apple is my father,” another joked.
Please, call me Tim. Mr. Apple is my father.
— Quinta Jurecic (@qjurecic) March 6, 2019
And there were plenty more memes.
Tim Apple on the streets…
Red Delicious in the sheets. pic.twitter.com/KieaY1RuOa
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) March 6, 2019
Legally changing my name to Tim Apple to become the CEO of Apple. pic.twitter.com/3uCiTc5ZhB
— Taylor (@TaylorIBR646) March 6, 2019
“Tim Apple” is the contact in your phone for the hot guy who asked you out at the Apple store https://t.co/hzMtl4yaZ8
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) March 6, 2019
i'm pretty sure under ancient norman law, he is now "Tim Apple" https://t.co/aLuCU8l2fJ
— Matthew Zeitlin (@MattZeitlin) March 6, 2019
20 years ago we had johnny cash, bob hope, and tim apple. now we have no cash, no hope, and no apples.
— elon tesla (@bobby) March 6, 2019
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.