- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Trump called Apple CEO Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’—and there are memes
‘How do you like tim apples?’
It’s not the first time President Donald Trump has assigned someone a nickname unprompted, and it certainly won’t be the last. Trump on Wednesday referred to Apple CEO Tim Cook as “Tim Apple,” seemingly by accident.
Trump was addressing Cook at an American Workforce Policy Advisory Board meeting when he uttered “Tim Apple” right to Cook’s face. The tech CEO nodded in agreement, without flinching.
folks you gotta admit “Tim Apple” is objectively hilarious
— Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) March 6, 2019
Trump had been praising the tech company.
“We have so many companies coming in,” Trump said. “People like Tim, you’re expanding all over and doing things that I really wanted you to right from the beginning. I used to say, ‘Tim, you’ve got to start doing it over here,’ and you really have. I mean, you’ve really put a big investment in our country. We appreciate it very much, Tim Apple.”
Trump just called Apple CEO Tim Cook “Tim Apple” pic.twitter.com/gTHHtjWvc9
— Sean O'Kane (@sokane1) March 6, 2019
It was almost no time at all before the jokes piled up on Twitter.
“How do you like tim apples?” TV writer Joe Randazzo tweeted.
how do you like tim apples?
— Joe Randazzo (@Randazzoj) March 6, 2019
“Tim Apple, whose colleagues include John Reddit and Bill Pornhub,” wrote Muna Mire.
tim apple, whose colleagues include john reddit and bill pornhub
— muna (@Muna_Mire) March 6, 2019
“Please, call me Tim. Mr. Apple is my father,” another joked.
Please, call me Tim. Mr. Apple is my father.
— Quinta Jurecic (@qjurecic) March 6, 2019
And there were plenty more memes.
Tim Apple on the streets…
Red Delicious in the sheets. pic.twitter.com/KieaY1RuOa
— Tony Posnanski (@tonyposnanski) March 6, 2019
Legally changing my name to Tim Apple to become the CEO of Apple. pic.twitter.com/3uCiTc5ZhB
— Taylor (@TaylorIBR646) March 6, 2019
“Tim Apple” is the contact in your phone for the hot guy who asked you out at the Apple store https://t.co/hzMtl4yaZ8
— Dana Schwartz (@DanaSchwartzzz) March 6, 2019
i'm pretty sure under ancient norman law, he is now "Tim Apple" https://t.co/aLuCU8l2fJ
— Matthew Zeitlin (@MattZeitlin) March 6, 2019
20 years ago we had johnny cash, bob hope, and tim apple. now we have no cash, no hope, and no apples.
— elon tesla (@bobby) March 6, 2019
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.