- Samuel L. Jackson roasts ‘Spider-Man’ marketing gaffe 4 Months Ago
- Trump cites long-dead ayatollah while announcing Iran sanction 4 Months Ago
- Why a far-right conspiracy about Ilhan Omar is in the news again Today 7:46 AM
- Razer publicly shames female influencer who tweeted about being sexually harassed Today 7:45 AM
- You can now perform Marvel plays with your school theater group Today 6:54 AM
- Trans/Sex: Strap-ons for trans women, inclusive porn games, and online dating Today 6:30 AM
- Why UFC 239 may be the PPV event of the year Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Clinton ruled out a presidential run in 2020.
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton posted a GIF from Mean Girls on Tuesday evening, presumably responding to President Donald Trump lamenting that she would not seek another run at the presidency.
The president tweeted his comments on the news that Clinton had ruled out running for president for the third time in 2020.
Clinton made her intentions clear when speaking with News 12 Westchester, telling the news outlet: “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
The news seemed to disappoint Trump.
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House,” he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. “Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2019
Less than an hour later, Clinton responded by posting the “Why are you so obsessed with me?” GIF from the movie Mean Girls. It’s a quote from central mean girl and Regina George, played in the 2004 internet favorite by Rachel McAdams.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) March 5, 2019
While we won’t be seeing the same kind of Twitter spats between Clinton and Trump as we did in 2016, you can be sure there will be new ones between the president and whoever Democratic voters decide will be their presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).