- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay 9 Months Ago
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? 9 Months Ago
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day 9 Months Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world 9 Months Ago
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton posted a GIF from Mean Girls on Tuesday evening, presumably responding to President Donald Trump lamenting that she would not seek another run at the presidency.
The president tweeted his comments on the news that Clinton had ruled out running for president for the third time in 2020.
Clinton made her intentions clear when speaking with News 12 Westchester, telling the news outlet: “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
The news seemed to disappoint Trump.
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House,” he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. “Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2019
Less than an hour later, Clinton responded by posting the “Why are you so obsessed with me?” GIF from the movie Mean Girls. It’s a quote from central mean girl and Regina George, played in the 2004 internet favorite by Rachel McAdams.
While we won’t be seeing the same kind of Twitter spats between Clinton and Trump as we did in 2016, you can be sure there will be new ones between the president and whoever Democratic voters decide will be their presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).