- ‘Ghosts of Sugar Land’ explores what happens if your friend joins ISIS 7 Months Ago
- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton posted a GIF from Mean Girls on Tuesday evening, presumably responding to President Donald Trump lamenting that she would not seek another run at the presidency.
The president tweeted his comments on the news that Clinton had ruled out running for president for the third time in 2020.
Clinton made her intentions clear when speaking with News 12 Westchester, telling the news outlet: “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
The news seemed to disappoint Trump.
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House,” he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. “Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2019
Less than an hour later, Clinton responded by posting the “Why are you so obsessed with me?” GIF from the movie Mean Girls. It’s a quote from central mean girl and Regina George, played in the 2004 internet favorite by Rachel McAdams.
While we won’t be seeing the same kind of Twitter spats between Clinton and Trump as we did in 2016, you can be sure there will be new ones between the president and whoever Democratic voters decide will be their presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).