- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Tuesday 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Tuesday 8:57 AM
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton posted a GIF from Mean Girls on Tuesday evening, presumably responding to President Donald Trump lamenting that she would not seek another run at the presidency.
The president tweeted his comments on the news that Clinton had ruled out running for president for the third time in 2020.
Clinton made her intentions clear when speaking with News 12 Westchester, telling the news outlet: “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
The news seemed to disappoint Trump.
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House,” he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. “Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2019
Less than an hour later, Clinton responded by posting the “Why are you so obsessed with me?” GIF from the movie Mean Girls. It’s a quote from central mean girl and Regina George, played in the 2004 internet favorite by Rachel McAdams.
While we won’t be seeing the same kind of Twitter spats between Clinton and Trump as we did in 2016, you can be sure there will be new ones between the president and whoever Democratic voters decide will be their presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).