- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? 1 Month Ago
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for sports fans 1 Month Ago
- ‘Little Teeth’ is a tribute to 20-something queer growing pains 1 Month Ago
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in May 2019 Today 5:30 AM
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ is finally coming to Spotify, Apple Music Wednesday 8:48 PM
- Ubisoft is offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for free to support Notre Dame Wednesday 8:25 PM
- Are teens really eating foods with the ‘shells on’ for a new viral challenge? Wednesday 6:39 PM
- The new Samsung Galaxy Fold already seems to be falling apart Wednesday 4:17 PM
- Think the ‘Game of Thrones’ spirals are all connected? Think again Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Rudy Giuliani retweets prominent QAnon supporter Wednesday 2:03 PM
- India bans TikTok over concerns of child endangerment Wednesday 2:00 PM
- JJ Abrams says there’s more to Rey’s origin story Wednesday 1:16 PM
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text Wednesday 1:01 PM
- 8 essentials every grad needs to succeed as an adult Wednesday 1:00 PM
- Makeup artist shows you how to become Kylie Jenner’s baby Wednesday 12:54 PM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Clinton ruled out a presidential run in 2020.
Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton posted a GIF from Mean Girls on Tuesday evening, presumably responding to President Donald Trump lamenting that she would not seek another run at the presidency.
The president tweeted his comments on the news that Clinton had ruled out running for president for the third time in 2020.
Clinton made her intentions clear when speaking with News 12 Westchester, telling the news outlet: “I’m not running, but I’m going to keep on working and speaking and standing up for what I believe.”
The news seemed to disappoint Trump.
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House,” he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. “Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!”
“(Crooked) Hillary Clinton confirms she will not run in 2020, rules out a third bid for White House.” Aw-shucks, does that mean I won’t get to run against her again? She will be sorely missed!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 5, 2019
Less than an hour later, Clinton responded by posting the “Why are you so obsessed with me?” GIF from the movie Mean Girls. It’s a quote from central mean girl and Regina George, played in the 2004 internet favorite by Rachel McAdams.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) March 5, 2019
While we won’t be seeing the same kind of Twitter spats between Clinton and Trump as we did in 2016, you can be sure there will be new ones between the president and whoever Democratic voters decide will be their presidential nominee for the 2020 election.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).