- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix 1 Year Ago
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
When you replace a roll of toilet paper in your bathroom, which way do you position it? Everyone has their own thoughts on how it should be replaced on the bathroom holder, especially if you don’t use one of those strange toilet paper tower setups. For most of the world, the over/under toilet paper positioning debate has raged on for centuries. There will never be a definitive or “correct” answer.
If you hang your toilet paper “over,” the paper will face you, presumably while you’re on the pot. If you decide to place it in the “under” position, the loose paper you can grab will instead face the cabinet or wall, or whatever your toilet paper holder is near. While the “over” method is widely used by toilet paper connoisseurs, so is the “under” position. No one can ever agree on which way is truly the “right” way, and thus we see fights breaking out online over it all the time.
This is my tinder profile. I’ve had it for a year. 23 men have contacted me to say I’m incorrect about toilet paper pic.twitter.com/uBAcQlZ34r— Hana Michels (@HanaMichels) July 2, 2018
Michels’ photo is one of her making a funny face while brushing her teeth in what’s presumably her bathroom, and the caption “WHO LET YOU IN HERE???” to tie it all together. She’s had her Tinder profile for a year, according to her tweet, and in that time she’s had 23 people contact her to tell her how “wrong” her toilet paper positioning is.
Michels’ tweet garnered some pretty heated responses on Twitter, too. It’s a legit concern! This is an Extremely Important debate, and her toilet paper decisions need to be discussed. That’s why she’s earned over 800 responses from a single tweet. Not about her strange Tinder profile photo decision in general, but…the toilet paper positioning. Serious business.
Some people used the toilet paper holder’s patent to let her know she was in fact wrong.
They are correct. pic.twitter.com/qjAicJMm7t— Mark McNamara (@markmacjr9) July 3, 2018
Others were just straight up savage.
I mean, they're not wrong. Your hanging method is clearly an affront to god.— Gilles de Rei Ayanami (@AtDawnTheyTweet) July 2, 2018
If you were trying to attract men, I would say your profile is working.— Kaylyn Saucedo-𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕫𝔾𝕦𝕣𝕝: the AOC of Anime (@MarzGurl) July 4, 2018
It goes the other way pic.twitter.com/uHwMfPwuij— DylansWorld ⭐ (@TheDylansWorld) July 4, 2018
The positioning, however, isn’t incorrect to some. Especially if you have cats, as this user pointed out.
If you have cats, the correct way is always under. pic.twitter.com/HPklNVPQ8f— Lady MAGA #FreeTommyRobinson #FreeJulianAssange (@LadyMAGA7) July 4, 2018
Even Michels’ roommate joined in on the ribbing.
As your friend I say, “fuck them” but as your roommate I say, “they have a point.”— Allie Goertz (@AllieGoertz) July 3, 2018
And others? Well, some people just want to watch the world burn.
This is the only correct way to have the toilet paper pic.twitter.com/pbY1vyXE0M— pgh-belle (@pgh_belle) July 4, 2018
Time to start evaluating how you personally position your toilet paper, especially if you’re in the market to post any bathroom selfies in the future.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.