- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
This woman’s Tinder profile pic with the ‘wrong’ toilet paper setup has people going nuts
Darren Foreman/Flickr (CC-BY)
Sometimes, you’ve just gotta roll with the changes.
When you replace a roll of toilet paper in your bathroom, which way do you position it? Everyone has their own thoughts on how it should be replaced on the bathroom holder, especially if you don’t use one of those strange toilet paper tower setups. For most of the world, the over/under toilet paper positioning debate has raged on for centuries. There will never be a definitive or “correct” answer.
If you hang your toilet paper “over,” the paper will face you, presumably while you’re on the pot. If you decide to place it in the “under” position, the loose paper you can grab will instead face the cabinet or wall, or whatever your toilet paper holder is near. While the “over” method is widely used by toilet paper connoisseurs, so is the “under” position. No one can ever agree on which way is truly the “right” way, and thus we see fights breaking out online over it all the time.
This is my tinder profile. I’ve had it for a year. 23 men have contacted me to say I’m incorrect about toilet paper pic.twitter.com/uBAcQlZ34r
— Hana Michels (@HanaMichels) July 2, 2018
Michels’ photo is one of her making a funny face while brushing her teeth in what’s presumably her bathroom, and the caption “WHO LET YOU IN HERE???” to tie it all together. She’s had her Tinder profile for a year, according to her tweet, and in that time she’s had 23 people contact her to tell her how “wrong” her toilet paper positioning is.
Michels’ tweet garnered some pretty heated responses on Twitter, too. It’s a legit concern! This is an Extremely Important debate, and her toilet paper decisions need to be discussed. That’s why she’s earned over 800 responses from a single tweet. Not about her strange Tinder profile photo decision in general, but…the toilet paper positioning. Serious business.
Some people used the toilet paper holder’s patent to let her know she was in fact wrong.
— CadarnThemMad (@CadarnTheMad) July 3, 2018
They are correct. pic.twitter.com/qjAicJMm7t
— Mark McNamara (@markmacjr9) July 3, 2018
Others were just straight up savage.
I mean, they're not wrong. Your hanging method is clearly an affront to god.
— Gilles de Rei Ayanami (@AtDawnTheyTweet) July 2, 2018
If you were trying to attract men, I would say your profile is working.
— Kaylyn Saucedo – 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕫𝔾𝕦𝕣𝕝 (@MarzGurl) July 4, 2018
— Vixx (@VexingVixxen) July 4, 2018
It goes the other way pic.twitter.com/uHwMfPwuij
— DylansWorld ⭐ (@TheDylansWorld) July 4, 2018
The positioning, however, isn’t incorrect to some. Especially if you have cats, as this user pointed out.
If you have cats, the correct way is always under. pic.twitter.com/HPklNVPQ8f
— Lady MAGA #FreeTommyRobinson #FreeJulianAssange (@LadyMAGA7) July 4, 2018
Even Michels’ roommate joined in on the ribbing.
As your friend I say, “fuck them” but as your roommate I say, “they have a point.”
— Allie Goertz (@AllieGoertz) July 3, 2018
And others? Well, some people just want to watch the world burn.
This is the only correct way to have the toilet paper pic.twitter.com/pbY1vyXE0M
— pgh-belle (@pgh_belle) July 4, 2018
— Pejorative Liberal Veteran (@KpTnd) July 3, 2018
Time to start evaluating how you personally position your toilet paper, especially if you’re in the market to post any bathroom selfies in the future.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.