- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Monday 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Monday 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Monday 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Monday 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Monday 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Monday 12:06 PM
This Ariana Grande lollipop meme has people examining their life choices
Find you someone who looks at you like this.
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but pop star Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live cast member Pete Davidson are a capital-I item. The couple made their rumored relationship Instagram official in late May following their respective splits from longtime relationships with Mac Miller and Cazzie David, and got quickie engaged less than two weeks later.
Time will tell as to whether or not the couple has staying power, but for now 25-year-old Grande and 24-year-old Davidson are clearly smitten with one another.
For example, take a gander at these photos that were taken of the two as they stepped out together in New York City back on June 20. Clad in only an oversized yellow hoodie and thigh-high boots, Grande looked adoringly at her fiancée while suggestively licking a lollipop in a way that perfectly encapsulates why people think Davidson exudes big dick energy.
ariana licking a lollipop while staring at her fiancé is the biggest mood pic.twitter.com/MN9uUNlQqZ
— noah (@tearexplicit) June 20, 2018
As the snaps went viral, they got the meme treatment. Given the way Davidson’s body language contrasts Grande’s, in that his posture is slumped and face covered in a hood, people started using the photo to convey poor decision making or life choices.
Take, for example:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
#tipsykait #leavekaitalone #drunkgirls #twitch #twitchstreamer #streamergirl #streamgamesnotboobs #twitchkittens #twitchgirls #stonergirl #tipsyzebra #gamergirl #horrorwhore #memequeen #supportsmallstreamers #streamqueen #twitchaffiliate #arianagrande #petedavidson
A post shared by Tipsy Kait (@tipsy_kait) on
One person used it to make a Game of Thrones joke (because really Daenerys, obsess much?):
Meanwhile, the Instagram account @notallgeminis used the meme to make Astrology-based jokes:
A post shared by not all geminis (@notallgeminis) on
Even if Grande and Davidson’s engagement (or perhaps eventual marriage) doesn’t stand the test of time, luckily for them, a meme lives on the internet forever.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.