- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but pop star Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live cast member Pete Davidson are a capital-I item. The couple made their rumored relationship Instagram official in late May following their respective splits from longtime relationships with Mac Miller and Cazzie David, and got quickie engaged less than two weeks later.
Time will tell as to whether or not the couple has staying power, but for now 25-year-old Grande and 24-year-old Davidson are clearly smitten with one another.
For example, take a gander at these photos that were taken of the two as they stepped out together in New York City back on June 20. Clad in only an oversized yellow hoodie and thigh-high boots, Grande looked adoringly at her fiancée while suggestively licking a lollipop in a way that perfectly encapsulates why people think Davidson exudes big dick energy.
ariana licking a lollipop while staring at her fiancé is the biggest mood pic.twitter.com/MN9uUNlQqZ— noah (@tearexplicit) June 20, 2018
As the snaps went viral, they got the meme treatment. Given the way Davidson’s body language contrasts Grande’s, in that his posture is slumped and face covered in a hood, people started using the photo to convey poor decision making or life choices.
Take, for example:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
#tipsykait #leavekaitalone #drunkgirls #twitch #twitchstreamer #streamergirl #streamgamesnotboobs #twitchkittens #twitchgirls #stonergirl #tipsyzebra #gamergirl #horrorwhore #memequeen #supportsmallstreamers #streamqueen #twitchaffiliate #arianagrande #petedavidson
A post shared by Tipsy Kait (@tipsy_kait) on
One person used it to make a Game of Thrones joke (because really Daenerys, obsess much?):
Meanwhile, the Instagram account @notallgeminis used the meme to make Astrology-based jokes:
A post shared by not all geminis (@notallgeminis) on
Even if Grande and Davidson’s engagement (or perhaps eventual marriage) doesn’t stand the test of time, luckily for them, a meme lives on the internet forever.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.