- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions 8 Months Ago
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update 8 Months Ago
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Today 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Today 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Today 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Today 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Today 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Today 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Today 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Today 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Today 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Today 10:16 AM
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
This Ariana Grande lollipop meme has people examining their life choices
Find you someone who looks at you like this.
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but pop star Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live cast member Pete Davidson are a capital-I item. The couple made their rumored relationship Instagram official in late May following their respective splits from longtime relationships with Mac Miller and Cazzie David, and got quickie engaged less than two weeks later.
Time will tell as to whether or not the couple has staying power, but for now 25-year-old Grande and 24-year-old Davidson are clearly smitten with one another.
For example, take a gander at these photos that were taken of the two as they stepped out together in New York City back on June 20. Clad in only an oversized yellow hoodie and thigh-high boots, Grande looked adoringly at her fiancée while suggestively licking a lollipop in a way that perfectly encapsulates why people think Davidson exudes big dick energy.
ariana licking a lollipop while staring at her fiancé is the biggest mood pic.twitter.com/MN9uUNlQqZ
— noah (@tearexplicit) June 20, 2018
As the snaps went viral, they got the meme treatment. Given the way Davidson’s body language contrasts Grande’s, in that his posture is slumped and face covered in a hood, people started using the photo to convey poor decision making or life choices.
Take, for example:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
#tipsykait #leavekaitalone #drunkgirls #twitch #twitchstreamer #streamergirl #streamgamesnotboobs #twitchkittens #twitchgirls #stonergirl #tipsyzebra #gamergirl #horrorwhore #memequeen #supportsmallstreamers #streamqueen #twitchaffiliate #arianagrande #petedavidson
A post shared by Tipsy Kait (@tipsy_kait) on
One person used it to make a Game of Thrones joke (because really Daenerys, obsess much?):
Meanwhile, the Instagram account @notallgeminis used the meme to make Astrology-based jokes:
A post shared by not all geminis (@notallgeminis) on
Even if Grande and Davidson’s engagement (or perhaps eventual marriage) doesn’t stand the test of time, luckily for them, a meme lives on the internet forever.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.