- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but pop star Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live cast member Pete Davidson are a capital-I item. The couple made their rumored relationship Instagram official in late May following their respective splits from longtime relationships with Mac Miller and Cazzie David, and got quickie engaged less than two weeks later.
Time will tell as to whether or not the couple has staying power, but for now 25-year-old Grande and 24-year-old Davidson are clearly smitten with one another.
For example, take a gander at these photos that were taken of the two as they stepped out together in New York City back on June 20. Clad in only an oversized yellow hoodie and thigh-high boots, Grande looked adoringly at her fiancée while suggestively licking a lollipop in a way that perfectly encapsulates why people think Davidson exudes big dick energy.
ariana licking a lollipop while staring at her fiancé is the biggest mood pic.twitter.com/MN9uUNlQqZ— noah (@tearexplicit) June 20, 2018
As the snaps went viral, they got the meme treatment. Given the way Davidson’s body language contrasts Grande’s, in that his posture is slumped and face covered in a hood, people started using the photo to convey poor decision making or life choices.
Take, for example:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
#tipsykait #leavekaitalone #drunkgirls #twitch #twitchstreamer #streamergirl #streamgamesnotboobs #twitchkittens #twitchgirls #stonergirl #tipsyzebra #gamergirl #horrorwhore #memequeen #supportsmallstreamers #streamqueen #twitchaffiliate #arianagrande #petedavidson
A post shared by Tipsy Kait (@tipsy_kait) on
One person used it to make a Game of Thrones joke (because really Daenerys, obsess much?):
Meanwhile, the Instagram account @notallgeminis used the meme to make Astrology-based jokes:
A post shared by not all geminis (@notallgeminis) on
Even if Grande and Davidson’s engagement (or perhaps eventual marriage) doesn’t stand the test of time, luckily for them, a meme lives on the internet forever.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.