- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
This Ariana Grande lollipop meme has people examining their life choices
Find you someone who looks at you like this.
I don’t know if you guys have heard, but pop star Ariana Grande and Saturday Night Live cast member Pete Davidson are a capital-I item. The couple made their rumored relationship Instagram official in late May following their respective splits from longtime relationships with Mac Miller and Cazzie David, and got quickie engaged less than two weeks later.
Time will tell as to whether or not the couple has staying power, but for now 25-year-old Grande and 24-year-old Davidson are clearly smitten with one another.
For example, take a gander at these photos that were taken of the two as they stepped out together in New York City back on June 20. Clad in only an oversized yellow hoodie and thigh-high boots, Grande looked adoringly at her fiancée while suggestively licking a lollipop in a way that perfectly encapsulates why people think Davidson exudes big dick energy.
ariana licking a lollipop while staring at her fiancé is the biggest mood pic.twitter.com/MN9uUNlQqZ
— noah (@tearexplicit) June 20, 2018
As the snaps went viral, they got the meme treatment. Given the way Davidson’s body language contrasts Grande’s, in that his posture is slumped and face covered in a hood, people started using the photo to convey poor decision making or life choices.
Take, for example:
A post shared by Claudia Oshry Soffer (@girlwithnojob) on
#tipsykait #leavekaitalone #drunkgirls #twitch #twitchstreamer #streamergirl #streamgamesnotboobs #twitchkittens #twitchgirls #stonergirl #tipsyzebra #gamergirl #horrorwhore #memequeen #supportsmallstreamers #streamqueen #twitchaffiliate #arianagrande #petedavidson
A post shared by Tipsy Kait (@tipsy_kait) on
One person used it to make a Game of Thrones joke (because really Daenerys, obsess much?):
Meanwhile, the Instagram account @notallgeminis used the meme to make Astrology-based jokes:
A post shared by not all geminis (@notallgeminis) on
Even if Grande and Davidson’s engagement (or perhaps eventual marriage) doesn’t stand the test of time, luckily for them, a meme lives on the internet forever.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.