- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
Coworker from hell spends a year terrorizing world’s most-terrified woman
What would you do if your coworker let out a Hollywood-quality scream every time you sneaked up on her?
When avowed “not an asshole” Jonathan discovered his coworker let out a blood-curdling scream every time she was even mildly surprised, he had no choice. For a year, he hid in shadows, ducked around corners, and snuck up behind the always unsuspecting Evelyn, dutifully recording the ensuing cochlea-shattering screams and compiling them into one video.
The result, “Scaring Evelyn: The Complete Series,” is both hilarious and educational, a useful reference for anyone who stays up nights wondering: “What’s the best way to give my coworker an anxiety disorder?
Not-an-asshole Jonathan swears he’s just “playfully antagonistic,” and you can almost believe him. Evelyn distributes her share of post-scream kicks and punches, but in the last clip she actually smiles and laughs. “How long were you waiting there?” she asks.
He’s always there, Evelyn.
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.