- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Owls are fearsome nocturnal predators, with sharp talons and even sharper vision that allows them to zero in on unsuspecting prey. Their large eyes not only give them enhanced night vision but also give them a scholarly appearance and Owls are often used as a symbol of wisdom in works of fiction.
You probably knew all that, though. What you probably didn’t know was how cute they look when they run.
On Feb. 6, @NewYorkNeek posted the above video to Twitter along with the caption “Y’all ever saw a owl run?”
In the relatively short amount of time it’s been up, it’s already garnered over 23 million views. Everyone seems to love it.
What an absolute Darling. #LoveOwls— Ange - You must be joking!! (@AngelaCar999) February 8, 2020
Wait wait wait .... I wanna see! pic.twitter.com/BedyMXWGsy— MCFC Tnarrat (@la_tarrant) February 7, 2020
Owls are cats with a pilot license— the back up (@frodecision) February 7, 2020
We don’t currently know the name of the owl in question, but it’s quickly become a meme.
feeling confrontational today pic.twitter.com/kRaB2wvEXG— JP (@jpbrammer) February 7, 2020
Me when I see a cater waiter at an event pic.twitter.com/bRKxzNWjeQ— JOHNNY SIBILLY (@JohnnySibilly) February 7, 2020
When I overhear someone saying they know how to reverse this weird spell that turned me into an owl pic.twitter.com/TeY85uGCFd— eric af (@ewfeez) February 7, 2020
It’s even inspired an audio remix.
Running Owl has been with us less than a week so who knows how long it might stick around or what wacky turns this meme might take. If we’ve learned anything from Duoling (other than some basic Spanish) it’s that owls memes can’t get really weird really quickly.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.