- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
As Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig seemingly improvised their way through the best costume design and production design categories, the camera cut to several actors and directors, and managed to capture Eilish’s “WTF” expression.
It’s not clear if it was directed at the musical portion of the Rudolph-Wiig appearance or Eilish seeing herself on camera, but it quickly became a meme.
Billie Eilish is all of us #Oscars— Lindsay Ellis (@thelindsayellis) February 10, 2020
Me remembering tomorrow is Monday https://t.co/kjBC9Qoz9a— Emma Korynta (@emmalikesnews) February 10, 2020
Idina Menzel was roped into the meme for her reaction to Eminem’s “surprise” performance, and Eilish’s reaction to it was also memed.
choose your fighter pic.twitter.com/Q86kpRdP7q— Sammy Nickalls (@sammynickalls) February 10, 2020
Idina Menzel being all of us when Eminem came up through the floor. pic.twitter.com/oWh7Pp2FoW— Mick Côté (@MickCote) February 10, 2020
when a boomer says college used to cost $134 pic.twitter.com/lAKKh6IPTe— ziwe (@ziwe) February 10, 2020
There were theories—the 18-year-old Grammy winner might not know who Rudolph and Wiig are—but can that be possible?
I mean… can it?
Billie Eilish just said that her favorite movie *growing up* was THE BABADOOK and oh no I’m suddenly sinking into my crypt forever #Oscars— david ehrlich (@davidehrlich) February 10, 2020
Others advocated for Billie Eilish reaction time, as a barometer of sorts.
At this point I'm stumping for a dedicated camera on Billie Eilish, just providing nonstop disbelieving reaction shots to the entire #Oscars ceremony. Every time the show cuts to her, she's got a different "OK, Boomer" expression going on, and I'm all for it. pic.twitter.com/sRYcJSDNrV— Tasha Robinson (@TashaRobinson) February 10, 2020
Considering the boomer vitriol over her singing the new James Bond theme song, Eilish likely has these kind of reactions on deck at all times.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.