- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action 3 Years Ago
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Today 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Today 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Today 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Today 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Today 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Today 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Today 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Today 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Today 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Today 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Today 2:21 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League Today 1:56 PM
A wild animal is on the prowl in the streets of Washington, D.C. Also a bobcat escaped its enclosure at the National Zoo.
Officials found that Ollie, a 7-year-old, 25-pound bobcat who was born in the wild, was missing after a morning headcount. The zoo is hoping to lure the cat back to the warmth and snacks of her exhibit, but they note the surrounding area is “a very survivable habitat,” so she might elect not to. “I’d be lying to you if I said that we’re definitely going to get her back,” a curator said at a press conference.
She might also have other plans for her Ferris Bueller’s Day Off exploration, at least if the peanut gallery on Twitter is any indication.
A handful of users seem convinced she is on the hunt for President Donald Trump, despite her inability to read the flurry of controversial headlines coming out of the nation’s capital.
Ollie the Escaped Bobcat strides into a DC biker bar. He meows, “I need your clothes, your bike, and Donald Trump’s current location”
— HUNTER S. FAILSON (@Bro_Pair) January 30, 2017
Meanwhile, the @MissingDCBobcat Twitter account has already sprung up, issuing additional theories about Ollie’s whereabouts, most predictably political and all 100 percent sassy. As of press time, the account has picked up 85 followers.
if the bobcat doesn’t chase steve bannon into traffic to be crushed by public transit, i’m going to quit the internet.
— Brad Adkins (@realbradadkins) January 31, 2017
The more I learn about Ollie the bobcat, the more I realize that she is the hero we need in these dark times.
— Amanda (@auhme82) January 31, 2017
Separately, the @OllieBobcat account is reportedly looking for pizza suggestions in the D.C. area.
Wherever you are, Ollie, we’re glad you’re keeping a pawsitive cattitude.
Update 11:37am CT, Feb. 1: The National Zoo called off its search for Ollie. Ollie is free.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.