- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren 3 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film 3 Years Ago
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors 3 Years Ago
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Today 2:03 PM
- Reddit users share stories of the worst things guests have done in their homes Today 1:25 PM
- WikiLeaks lawyer says Trump offered Assange a pardon—if he’d deny Russian hack Today 1:16 PM
- 6-year-old placed in psychiatric facility for ‘trantrum’ is seen acting calm in body cam footage Today 1:05 PM
- Amy Klobuchar devouring Ivanka Trump is the 2020 vore crossover no one wanted Today 12:32 PM
- Review: Hulu’s ‘Devs’ is a brilliant work of near-future science fiction Today 11:53 AM
- Rapper Pop Smoke dead at 20 Today 11:42 AM
- KSI says he will back Team YouTube if Logan Paul fights Antonio Brown Today 11:29 AM
- William Barr questions whether tech companies should be protected for user content Today 11:10 AM
- The Bloomberg campaign has reached its post-parody zenith Today 10:35 AM
- Ben Affleck explains why he lied about his back tattoo Today 10:28 AM
- Kim Kardashian West accidentally praises Jeff Bezos for threatening to fire employees Today 10:19 AM
A wild animal is on the prowl in the streets of Washington, D.C. Also a bobcat escaped its enclosure at the National Zoo.
Officials found that Ollie, a 7-year-old, 25-pound bobcat who was born in the wild, was missing after a morning headcount. The zoo is hoping to lure the cat back to the warmth and snacks of her exhibit, but they note the surrounding area is “a very survivable habitat,” so she might elect not to. “I’d be lying to you if I said that we’re definitely going to get her back,” a curator said at a press conference.
She might also have other plans for her Ferris Bueller’s Day Off exploration, at least if the peanut gallery on Twitter is any indication.
A handful of users seem convinced she is on the hunt for President Donald Trump, despite her inability to read the flurry of controversial headlines coming out of the nation’s capital.
Ollie the Escaped Bobcat strides into a DC biker bar. He meows, “I need your clothes, your bike, and Donald Trump’s current location”
— HUNTER S. FAILSON (@Bro_Pair) January 30, 2017
Meanwhile, the @MissingDCBobcat Twitter account has already sprung up, issuing additional theories about Ollie’s whereabouts, most predictably political and all 100 percent sassy. As of press time, the account has picked up 85 followers.
if the bobcat doesn’t chase steve bannon into traffic to be crushed by public transit, i’m going to quit the internet.
— Brad Adkins (@realbradadkins) January 31, 2017
The more I learn about Ollie the bobcat, the more I realize that she is the hero we need in these dark times.
— Amanda (@auhme82) January 31, 2017
Separately, the @OllieBobcat account is reportedly looking for pizza suggestions in the D.C. area.
Wherever you are, Ollie, we’re glad you’re keeping a pawsitive cattitude.
Update 11:37am CT, Feb. 1: The National Zoo called off its search for Ollie. Ollie is free.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.