- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Apparently there’s a lot of things you can say that will make sense both during sex and while being held hostage, at a football game, or any other unrelated activity, really.
There’s a Twitter meme that follows the format, “Name something you can say during sex and also while [unrelated activity].” And just like sex, it takes two or more people to play.
A Twitter user will pick some sort of activity and slap two photos next two one another, one of which is a stock photo of a man whispering into a smiling woman’s ear.
And then it’s up to fellow Twitter users to respond with their best one-liners that they can say during both activities.
For example, one user wrote, “Didn’t perform well but at least we’re gaining more experience” in response to someone who wrote, “Name something you can say during a Giants game and sex.”
Name something you can say during a Giants game and sex pic.twitter.com/1PnSekiVW3— GmenGalaxy (@GmenGalaxy) December 1, 2019
“Didn’t perform well but at least we’re gaining more experience”— Saquon4Pres’2020 (@GmenSource) December 2, 2019
The responses can be pretty savage.
One person wrote, “Why am I even here? This is terrible. What I got at home is better anyways” in response to another who wrote, “What’s something you say in a Starbucks and that you can also say during sex?”
Wow the one in California is so much smaller— bigbigbig202 (@bigbigbig202) December 3, 2019
Why am I even here? This is terrible. What I got at home is better anyways. 🤣— Honest Abe (@HonestAbeLunt) December 2, 2019
"I think the bonds are a bit loose. Can you please tighten them?"— Ben_DeckerofHalls (@TFramemaster) December 4, 2019
According to Know Your Meme, the meme was created in 2017. Twitter user @DanielleMuscat wrote, “Tell me a sentence you could say that would work both 1. during sex 2. at a family dinner.”
In the newest iteration of the meme, the format is a bit different, and you’ll likely see some modern takes, including incorporating our sweet Baby Yoda.
“I hope this doesn’t get overshadowed by a baby someday,” journalist David Itzkoff wrote in response to someone who asked Twitter users to “name something you can say during Star Wars and sex.”
I hope this doesn't get overshadowed by a baby someday https://t.co/wdQUCNce3g— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) December 4, 2019
Name something you can say when you’re in the desert and see a naked, bestial creature squatting upon the ground and holding his bitter, bitter heart in his hands and eating of it and during sex pic.twitter.com/AWk0E0gQjl— BLAUERGEIST! (@blauer_geist) December 4, 2019
Yes, choke me harder, i want to die twice.— gre (@GRESAIDS) December 3, 2019
"Put ur mask on"— You're under control (@Janlup_Endchat) December 4, 2019
Other more lonely and single users created their own iteration of the meme.
“Name something you can say during a football game that you can also say while being single and lonely,” Twitter user @LlamaInaTux wrote.
Name something you can say during therapy and also during sex, actually no, here I'll do it for you: [inconsolable sobbing]— 👻🐙 Paula Blart: LADY Mall Cop, Ultra Ph.D. 🚽⚰️ (@MemeVVitch) December 4, 2019
Name something you can say during a football game that you can also say while being single and lonely pic.twitter.com/DZ2pOnMdWB— Jeb the llama (@LlamaInaTux) December 3, 2019
Another user seems fed up with seeing the meme on Twitter.
“Name something you can say during sex and while running a meme format into the ground. Do not reply to this, I’ve already muted the replies,” @pixelatedboat wrote.
Name something you can say during sex and while running a meme format into the ground. Do not reply to this, I’ve already muted the replies— pixelatedboat aka “mr tweets” (@pixelatedboat) December 4, 2019
Siobhan Ball is a historian, archivist, and journalist. She also writes for Autostraddle and bi.org