- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Monday 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Monday 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Monday 10:25 AM
Keeping it in the family.
In a Tuesday night speech celebrating a swath of primary victories, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump engaged in the obligatory bashing of Hillary Clinton, his likely rival in the general election.
Perplexingly, Trump claimed that she had only found success in life because of her gender while still being generally hated by women.
The woman standing behind Trump appeared to experience some painful inner reflection on that point.
Yes, that’s Mary Pat Christie, wife of New Jersey governor and Springsteen superfan Chris Christie, who himself once infamously appeared to be held against his will in the background of a Trump speech.
What’s more, Christie continues to put on his hostage face whenever he appears with Trump. He’s clearly going for “stoic,” but in the middle of this 2016 election nightmare, it’s just not possible.
Has Trump kidnapped both Christies, letting them out of a top-secret bunker only to keep up appearances? What of their four innocent children? Is he ever gonna send a ransom letter or what?
Please pray for the safe return of the Christies.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'