- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Keeping it in the family.
In a Tuesday night speech celebrating a swath of primary victories, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump engaged in the obligatory bashing of Hillary Clinton, his likely rival in the general election.
Perplexingly, Trump claimed that she had only found success in life because of her gender while still being generally hated by women.
The woman standing behind Trump appeared to experience some painful inner reflection on that point.
Yes, that’s Mary Pat Christie, wife of New Jersey governor and Springsteen superfan Chris Christie, who himself once infamously appeared to be held against his will in the background of a Trump speech.
What’s more, Christie continues to put on his hostage face whenever he appears with Trump. He’s clearly going for “stoic,” but in the middle of this 2016 election nightmare, it’s just not possible.
Has Trump kidnapped both Christies, letting them out of a top-secret bunker only to keep up appearances? What of their four innocent children? Is he ever gonna send a ransom letter or what?
Please pray for the safe return of the Christies.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'