- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Thursday 9:36 AM
Keeping it in the family.
In a Tuesday night speech celebrating a swath of primary victories, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump engaged in the obligatory bashing of Hillary Clinton, his likely rival in the general election.
Perplexingly, Trump claimed that she had only found success in life because of her gender while still being generally hated by women.
The woman standing behind Trump appeared to experience some painful inner reflection on that point.
Yes, that’s Mary Pat Christie, wife of New Jersey governor and Springsteen superfan Chris Christie, who himself once infamously appeared to be held against his will in the background of a Trump speech.
What’s more, Christie continues to put on his hostage face whenever he appears with Trump. He’s clearly going for “stoic,” but in the middle of this 2016 election nightmare, it’s just not possible.
Has Trump kidnapped both Christies, letting them out of a top-secret bunker only to keep up appearances? What of their four innocent children? Is he ever gonna send a ransom letter or what?
Please pray for the safe return of the Christies.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'