- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
God strikes Chicago’s Trump Tower with lightning as polls close in Illinois
And we all know who won the state’s primary.
As polls for the presidential primaries closed in Illinois on Tuesday night, the skies became worrisome with clouds, consumed by a storm. Ten tornadoes ripped through the state, damaging any buildings unfortunate enough to be in their path. Lightning and thunder zipped through the sky in Chicago, with one bolt striking the metallic Trump Tower that sits next to the city’s iconic Chicago River.
Later that night, it was revealed that Donald Trump had won the Illinois Republican primary, emerging victorious in Florida and North Carolina as well. And the Washington Post points out that Instagram user @mrmikeyv caught video of what may well be divine wrath raining down upon the presidential hopeful’s skyscraper.
A video posted by @mrmikeyv on
One Instagram comment noted, “God speaks… He seems a little upset.” Looks like the big guy upstairs is feeling some of the same frustrations we’re dealing with here on Earth. But whether it was mother nature, Zeus, or a warning from interdimensional beings who want to save us from ourselves, we can all agree that this was pretty damn ominous.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.