- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 3 Years Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 3 Years Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
God strikes Chicago’s Trump Tower with lightning as polls close in Illinois
And we all know who won the state’s primary.
As polls for the presidential primaries closed in Illinois on Tuesday night, the skies became worrisome with clouds, consumed by a storm. Ten tornadoes ripped through the state, damaging any buildings unfortunate enough to be in their path. Lightning and thunder zipped through the sky in Chicago, with one bolt striking the metallic Trump Tower that sits next to the city’s iconic Chicago River.
Later that night, it was revealed that Donald Trump had won the Illinois Republican primary, emerging victorious in Florida and North Carolina as well. And the Washington Post points out that Instagram user @mrmikeyv caught video of what may well be divine wrath raining down upon the presidential hopeful’s skyscraper.
A video posted by @mrmikeyv on
One Instagram comment noted, “God speaks… He seems a little upset.” Looks like the big guy upstairs is feeling some of the same frustrations we’re dealing with here on Earth. But whether it was mother nature, Zeus, or a warning from interdimensional beings who want to save us from ourselves, we can all agree that this was pretty damn ominous.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.